West Brom 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/25/12 - Post match reaction from page 46

Mike

Krul - 5. At fault for the goal and can't kick for shit.

Simpson - 6. Okay at times, rubbish at others.

Williamson - 6. Ditto really. I'd hold more blame at the hands of Krul, but you need to be aware of what's going on.

Perch - 8. Didn't put a foot wrong, but i'll be concerned if he's at CB for the rest of the season.

Santon - 7. Thought he did well when he came on.

Jonas - 8. Super performance, passed the ball well and carried it forward to great effect. I'd go as far as to say we might not have won without him.

Cabaye - 7. Did well.

Guthrie - 7. Ditto.

Ben Arfa - 8. Constant danger.

Cisse - 8. As above.

Ba - 7. Held the line well and was part of an extremely dangerous forward line.

Krul  6.5

Simpson  7

Williamson  6

Coloccini  7

Perch  9

Guthrie  6

Cabaye  6

Jonas  8.5

Ben Arfa  10

Cisse  9

Ba  8

Santon  6

Shola  7

Ferguson  6.5

Harsh on Cabaye, generous on Shola.

Thought Shola was great when he came on, tbh. Has been superb in that role every time he's come on, I reckon. Just chills everything out.

Guest Phil K

Now we need to boot the scouse mirror kissers into touch.

I desperately want Newcastle to finish above Enrique's "Grass is greener" club. (Carroll went for the money)

Now we need to boot the scouse mirror kissers into touch.

I desperately want Newcastle to finish above Enrique's "Grass is greener" club. (Carroll went for the money)

Would be so sweet, KKK might just go into meltdown.

Krul  6.5

Simpson  7

Williamson  6

Coloccini  7

Perch  9

Guthrie  6

Cabaye  6

Jonas  8.5

Ben Arfa  10

Cisse  9

Ba  8

Santon  6

Shola  7

Ferguson  6.5

Cabaye the same score as Guthrie? Put your specs on, son.

Guthrie did better in the 2nd half. Cabaye was mostly ineffective but worked hard.

Krul 5 - Not worked. At fault for the goal, worst technical performance from a Dutchman I've ever seen :lol: Still love the cool motherfucker. :)

Simpson 6.5 - Mixed bag, tbh.

Williamson 7 - Generally solid I thought despite the hyperbole. Did well to recover from the goal, after a panicky few minutes. Think evidence of how good the performance was overall was how little Krul was worked. I know haters gon' hate though.

Colo 7.5 - Did well not to let the reverse fixture get to him. Very clever to get better starting positions this time around.

Jonas 8.5 - Magnificent sexy Argentinian bastard God.

Cabaye 8 - Understated role, but crucial. Best game in a while. Top job son.

Perch 9 - Can't ask for more from the lad. Did really well when he reverted back to CB too. Deserves a bonus for his form lately.

Guthrie 6.5 - Same old story for me. Did well in patches, bit lazy in others.

HBA 9 - Irresistible. No idea why he was subbed off ahead of other more jaded players.

Cisse 7.5 - Really good goals, bit worried about when he has time! Great start to his career/integrating into the league. Goals help (especially if you're job description is Poacher/Number 9 - but better overall play and link-up today. Work on your 1-on-1s, son! Very very happy with him.

Ba 8 - Again, no goals, but I'm happy with that :lol: Hopefully other rich kneejerk clubs will look elsewhere. Still a fantastic performance. Especially as he seemed tired. Great shift.

Shola Santon and Ferguson all did really well. Didn't give possession away, kept the ball on the floor. Professional :thup:

Pardew - top game. Weird subs. Very encouraging, Mr Pardew. Playing the ball.

A great win for us. Ben Arfa showed why he should be in the side and appears to be more effective on the wing and being allowed to cut inside at times. We saw from him today exactly what we lack on the wing, the ability to provide a final ball. We also showed how bad we can be when we sit back and allow teams to attack us without even closing them down. When we did manage to close down WBA we showed them onto the weaker foot and they didn't know what to do after that. unfortunately we didn't do that throughout the game.

Our main concerns though must be our injuries, hopefully Colo is just suffering from a little knock, and hopefully thats all Ben Arfa has as well. Cisse seems to be just suffering from cramp which should be gone by now.

Lots of positives to take from the but also quite a few warnings about how we can't just sit back and let teams play. Hopefully it leads to more positive football from us.

Man of the match for me was without a doubt Ben Arfa, two assist, a good goal and he just kept bringing the ball from our own box into WBA's and opened up play and assorts of passes for us.

On a side note Krul needs to learn how to kick a ball, non of his goals kicks, or even short passes are finding anyone. Cabaye for the last few games has also lacked in the set play department. His corners and indirect free kicks just aren't beating the first man most of the time.