Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Willo looked the part again, which was great to see. Perch seems to have shed that nervous attitude, and also did well.

I was a bit frustrated with Tiote. He was good defensively as usual, but he seemed too conservative in possession, missing the chance to play the ball forward quickly a few times.

For the second game in a row, Krul came charging off his line to clear the ball when he had no chance of getting it. He just needs to steady himself down.

But overall a good performance with clear possibilities for continued improvement.

Btw all the discussion about the offside call for our second goal doesn't do justice to a lovely flowing passing move that Ben Arfa just failed to get on the end of.

What offside call????

Sky were convinced Cisse was offside because he was beyond the last defender when Ba played the pass back through to Ben Arfa.

Locked for a short while with a warning.Abuse of the Manager,players staff or fellow users of RAWK will result in posting privileges being suspended or taken permanently.

:lol:

you couldn't make it up :lol:

Guest johnson293

Just reading on another forum, the pics that show contact between Reina and Perch are just optical illusions due to the angle the photos have been taken.... ALL of them!  :rolleyes:

Just reading on another forum, the pics that show contact between Reina and Perch are just optical illusions due to the angle the photos have been taken.... ALL of them!  :rolleyes:

They have a point like - there was next to no contact like. There's an angle that shows it perfectly.

I'm gutted we didn't put one past Enrique, that would have been the icing on the cake seeing him pick the ball out of the net.

Only slight disappointment was we didn't even have a couple of 30 yard pop shots, we didn't look interested in testing him.

Although, I suppose if we had piled forward and then conceded, we'd all be furious at how unprofessional we'd been in not seeing the game out.

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect result. After a shaky first 15 minutes we were superb, Cisse just keeps banging them in, Ben Arfa made something happen nearly every time he went forward and the back four were terrific. Cabaye and Tiote worked their socks off too. Carroll had an absolute nightmare and was a disgrace with his dive and Enrique going in goal after Reina's red card was just the icing on the cake. Hope we can maintain our defensive solidity going into a tough game against Swansea.

Haven't laughed as much during a game since the 5-1. Fucking excellent that, like. We're starting to look a proper team. Still smiling. :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking as I was leaving the ground. Fucking loved today.