Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers 09/04/2012 @3PM

TheGuv

I'm honestly not expecting a feast of goals here. I think it'll be tighter than we think- although we should definitely have enough to see Bolton off. If Cabaye and Tiote are out then Coloccini coming back should nearly balance things out.

I'd be surprised if Tiote made monday, although that is based on nothing other than the fact that it was enough for him to go off in a premier league game at half-time, i would think it would be unlikely that he would be fit to start one two days later. Ideally, I'd love Colo to come back in for him and Perch to play in midfield.

Assuming Tiote will be out and Cabaye available:

Krul

Simpson  Perch  Williamson  Santon

Cabaye  Gosling  Jonas

HBA                                  Ferguson

Cisse

Subs:  Elliot, Coloccini (if fit), Abeid, Raylor, Guthrie (if fit), Ba, Sh. Ameobi

I'm not desperate for Ba to be rested to be honest, we don't play for two weeks after this.  Think I'd rather see us secure the game by 60 mins and bring him off (maybe asking a bit much and getting ahead of myself but so what  :lol:).

haven't they won 3 in a row as well... this wont be easy

Against shite teams, with the fa cup ties in-between. Not saying it'll be easy either, but that's no reason to be scared.

Would still have anyone other than Raylor in there. Gosling or Abeid are the obvious options.

Raylor was excellent when he came on today and won possession for the second goal.

Get the blinkers off man, he's a tidy footballer who very rarely gives the ball away and takes a mean free kick.

Would still have anyone other than Raylor in there. Gosling or Abeid are the obvious options.

Raylor was excellent when he came on today and won possession for the second goal.

Get the blinkers off man, he's a tidy footballer who very rarely gives the ball away and takes a mean free kick.

He was also responsible for the worst bit of football of any of the players on the pitch today.

Is Williamson not suspended having picked up a 5th yellow card today? Apologies if already covered...

--------------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------------

Simpson ------------ Williamson? ------ Perch -------------------- Santon

----------------- Cabaye ---------- Tiote ---------- Jonas --------------------

--- Ben Arfa ---------------------- Shola --------------------------- Cisse ---

Controversial, i know. But i'd give Ba a rest; looks like he needs it.

I think it's a bit arrogant to suggest that we can afford to rest Ba for this one, particularly given our habit to make hard work of so called 'easier games'. We are potentially missing Colo, Tiote and Cabaye (Saylor as well of course, but he has been out long-term) - that is a massive part of the spine of our team. Our strength is currently our front three. Cisse, Hatem and Shola just isn't as dangerous as Cisse, Hatem and Demba. There is also the psychological element - Bolton players won't fancy it at all if they turn up against our best three. I don't see any logic in changing that.

The lads have nearly two weeks off after Monday - Demba can sit on a sofa with his feet up watching Top Gun and drinking strawberry syrup for that whole time for all I care. There are six games to go and the fact of the matter is that there is a genuine chance we can finish in the top four. That is not being delusional, that is just a fact. Out of all the possible permutations possible, us finishing in a Champions League spot is probably the least likely, however, we owe it to ourselves to give it a go. Demba is a professional athlete. He has played 60 minutes today and has two days off now. He hasn't scored in a while and should be hungry to get out there on Monday and get himself on the scoresheet. It is make or break time - if we win Monday then we are genuine contenders to finish in the top 4, but if we don't I think it will be too big an ask.

Is Williamson not suspended having picked up a 5th yellow card today? Apologies if already covered...

--------------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------------

Complete opposite of what I'd do like.. Ba doesn't look tired to me, he looks off-form. Therefore the last thing I'd do is drop him.

5 yellow cards is not a suspension at this point in the season.

Suspension doesn't kick in til the 10th booking now. Slate is wiped clean for those with less than 5 bookings in February (I think).

Suspension doesn't kick in til the 10th booking now. Slate is wiped clean for those with less than 5 bookings in February (I think).

Ah spot on. Good news.