Newcastle United 2 - 0 Bolton - 09/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Did Bolton ever look like getting back into it after the goal, or were they floored by the Hatem-bomb?

Na, absolutely destroyed them. They were probably, marginally the better side 2nd half up until then.

Proper dismal game aside from two moments of class from Ben Arfa and Shola but we'll take that and the 3 points all day long.

Hands knack from clapping the formers goal n all.

:indi:

Just 'seen' Ben Arfa's goal - absolutely fantastic. Definitely Maradonna/Messi-esque. As good an individual goal as I've seen in 30+ years of following the lads. :)

Overall, good win even if we didn't start well and yet another goal for Cisse. :coolsmiley:

Just 'seen' Ben Arfa's goal - absolutely fantastic. Definitely Maradonna/Messi-esque. As good an individual goal as I've seen in 30+ years of following the lads. :)

Overall, good win even if we didn't start well and yet another goal for Cisse. :coolsmiley:

Give over...

...his one against Blackburn was better :lol:

Awful game for 70 odd minutes, but two really well taken goals and three valuable points, especially with Spurs losing.

We were tired, and looked it. Bolton were quite happy to 'do the Newcastle' and sit back, soak up pressure and hit us on the counter, whilst we just didn't have the energy to knock them down in the first half. It was a poor, but 'professional' performance should we say.

Fergie changed the game, brought us some pace and some grit, and coupled with Shola, helped us edge in the second half.

And I by no means want to make it sound like I'm exaggerating, but Ben Arfa's goal is honestly the best goal that I've ever seen at a football match.

Onwards and upwards, the fight for 4th is well and truly on. Howay the lads.

What a goal! Beautiful.

Went a p*ss and heard it!

exactly same thing hahahahaha, ran straight back with wee dribbling down my pants #smh but well worth it hahahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wee dribbled down my pants laughing at this tbh

(from the HBA goal pages)

Just got back in, we were diabolical in the final third during the first half and majority of second.  I lost my voice over HBA's goal

Krul - 8.5 MOTM

Simpson 6.5

Willo 6.5

Collo 7.5

Santon 7

Perch 6

Cabaye 6.5

Jonas 6.5 (Should have not thrown a hissy fit, could have been worse on another day)

Ba 6

HBA 8

Cisse 8

Shola 7.5, Fergie 7, Raylor n/a

Poor game but Ben Arfa's goal made it all worthwhile. Tough call on which was better, think the Blackburn cup goal shades it for me as it seemed to go on forever, but this was more important and a fucking frightening turn of speed. We've all seen players be quick over 100 yards without the ball but this kid with the ball, shit me he is rapid. Ironically he had probably his poorest opening 45 for us but fair play to Pards for leaving him on when a couple of months ago he'd have been hooked.

Nobody played particularly badly, just as a team we lacked a bit of cohesion. Ferguson helped a lot, his fresh legs and natural width was just what we needed. Their midfield 3 stifled Cabaye, which was a shame.

Glad to have been there to see the best goal of all time. Results going our way make today a proper splurgefest :fwap:

Best part of the match before the goal was the "oooooh, ginger" bullying of Bogdan :lol:

Ben Arfa though, man. So hot.