Newcastle United vs. Stoke City - 21/04/2012 @ 3PM (Today)

Stu

Another massive match and weekend for us, looking at our fixtures i feel this is a must win, as probably our 'easiest' remaining match.

Stokes away record is terrible, we should be fresh and with everything to play for, so im going for a 3-1 win.

Howay the lads!

This is what Alan told the local press today:

“It could be a brilliant end to the season.”  “We are going to be playing in full stadiums and that’s brilliant.”  “The fans believe in what we are doing.”

“Regardless of what we do in the last five games we’ve had a great season.”  “But we still want to repay our fans.”  “At times against Bolton the crowd were quiet.”

“It wasn’t like that against Liverpool, we frightened them.” “Against Stoke I hope it’s more like Liverpool.” “We need to try to get that atmosphere going again.”

What does he expect when he goes away for our sucesfull 4-3-3? :\

5 wins in a row and still get this s***?

I aint giving him shit.

I just think it was wrong to go away from the sucsessfull 4-3-3, just to please Ba or something. We dont know his reasons.

If it had not been for some Ben Arfa magic against Bolton, we would prolly have given away points there.

When did we change the formation to please Ba? We started 4-3-3 v Bolton. I am not sure what your problem is, you just seem to want to have something to complain about as what Pardew said has nothing to do with what you are whinging about....

We played 4-4-2 for 90 minutes against Bolton mind.

Guest Roger Kint

“It could be a brilliant end to the season.”  “We are going to be playing in full stadiums and that’s brilliant.”  “The fans believe in what we are doing.”

“Regardless of what we do in the last five games we’ve had a great season.”  “But we still want to repay our fans.”  “At times against Bolton the crowd were quiet.”

“It wasn’t like that against Liverpool, we frightened them.” “Against Stoke I hope it’s more like Liverpool.” “We need to try to get that atmosphere going again.”

I aint giving him shit.

I just think it was wrong to go away from the sucsessfull 4-3-3, just to please Ba or something. We dont know his reasons.

If it had not been for some Ben Arfa magic against Bolton, we would prolly have given away points there.

When did we change the formation to please Ba? We started 4-3-3 v Bolton. I am not sure what your problem is, you just seem to want to have something to complain about as what Pardew said has nothing to do with what you are whinging about....

Only saw the highlights but looked like Ba was out wide til we went 4-4-2 when he went off so will take your word for that. My point stands, Pardew didnt change it to please Ba which is a laughable view. We all know Pardew likes to mix it up depending on the opposition.

I aint giving him shit.

Only saw the highlights but looked like Ba was out wide til we went 4-4-2 when he went off so will take your word for that. My point stands, Pardew didnt change it to please Ba which is a laughable view. We all know Pardew likes to mix it up depending on the opposition.

ujpest is correct, it was 442 from the off.

I've had this argument a few times. LeazesTerrace on Twitter was saying it was 4-3-3 first half when it defo wasn't. I watched the game back and it was 4-4-2 all game, only in the second half Jonas went CM for Perch and Fergie went wide left.

I really hope we go back to 4-3-3 against Stoke. The 4-4-2 just always results in us struggling to play through midfield and lumping it to the two strikers. If there's one team you don't want to play direct to the front men against it is Stoke. Huth and Shawcross will stroll it.

I aint giving him s***.

I'm with you on this. I don't know where the "Pardew is changing the formation just to suit Ba" is coming from and it becomes a joke when the same strawman is used as a stick against Ba. Yes he wasn't happy when he was taken off but he has clarified that he was unhappy at his own performance and in subsequent interviews clarified that he is happy to play on the left and for Cisse to continue scoring. Cisse pretty much said the same thing. But no, never mind what the players said, apparent some of us know better.

I didnt stated that he did it as you can see. I just guessed for a reason, I think I am allowed to do that without beeing attacked for my suggestions.

I didnt state that it was the reason, but that i could be some of the reason, and that we never know what Pards thinks :)

Guest Roger Kint

I aint giving him shit.

Like i said that wasnt the point.

I aint giving him shit.

Like i said that wasnt the point.

I don't see how it is a laughable view, Pardew openly stated in the press that he was going to put Ba back through the middle soon to keep him happy, we then went 442 against Bolton with Ba and Cisse up front and played shite football for the majority of the game.

Guest Roger Kint

I didnt stated that he did it as you can see. I just guessed for a reason, I think I am allowed to do that without beeing attacked for my suggestions.

I didnt state that it was the reason, but that i could be some of the reason, and that we never know what Pards thinks :)

Because you backed your reason up with totally unrelated quotes about the crowd? You made it look like a pointless attack on Pardew by postsing a single sentence of anger towards him ffs :lol:

Guest Tyson

Shawcross is the only player there who I would take out of their squad. Even then I don't think he would get into our first team if S.Taylor was fully fit.

He's an imposing figure. 6'3, solid build, and a decent athlete for his size. But the 'hatchet-man'  tag is warranted, and he epitomises Stoke's aura. It's understandable why Pulis and the supporters love him. His challenge on Ramsay, as disgusting as it was, could've been written-off as an unfortunate & isolated incident. But when you throw in the challenge on Adebayor, as a collective set, the distraught & sorry enforcer  display (as genuine as it was, when Ramsay went down) just doesn't sit well. It's understandable, and human nature dictates that Adebeyor earlier executed a bit of personal pay-back.

Coming through Manyoo's academy set-up you'd assume that at one stage there was a more rounded footballer inside. This relates to his time in Manyoo's reserves. I'd like to know if the overly robust physical style was an ingrained part of his repertoire. Did Pulis really do his research, and forked out a couple of mill on this basis?  Was this lad a carrier of this dangerous tag or reputation during his U19 and Reserves days? Or did Pulis purchase a physical package (and the attributes are impressive as a standalone or raw set), before subsequently  molding the lad into a 6ft 3 (and pretty athletic) wrecking machine ie. the ideal hatchet-man?