Newcastle United vs. Stoke City - 21/04/2012 @ 3PM (Today)

Stu

It's been a long while since we've had an opposition fan sign up chatting shit, and then be vindicated by their team then beating us.

Looking forward to lolling my tits off once again come Saturday night.

[Tyson's post which kicked this all off] should be pinned on the dressing room wall on Saturday what more motivation do the lads need.

Also a good crunching tackle from Huth and Shawcross on Demba Ba wouldn't go a miss in the opening seconds either

:lol:

You can guarantee that Stoke will happily sacrifice an early booking to whack Cisse in the first five minutes. In fact, Pulis will almost certainly order it.

Ben Arfa too.

If they can get anywhere near him.

Love it that they couldn't sell out their allocation but on here giving it the big one.

They couldn't even sell half of the allocation. Proper small time.

Yeah but they'll be the ones laughing when we crash and burn

Guest bimpy474

Love it that they couldn't sell out their allocation but on here giving it the big one.

They couldn't even sell half of the allocation. Proper small time.

Yeah but they'll be the ones laughing when we crash and burn

Should be fun watching us drop like a stone for the rest of the season.

Falling all the way to 6th will be proper gutting like.

Guest Tyson

yes i will agree that our football is s*** to watch but it gets results and thats whats most important.we havent had the gift of being in the prem aslong as you and this is only our 4th season once we become an established prem club then we can begin to improve. remember that 4-0 smashing you got at our place ? shame our s*** style of play is w*** says alot about your style ? your having a good season yes but yout bubble will burst soon !and you will come crashing back down to earth  :p

Why do you have to be an established premier league team to play decent football? Swansea are playing their football on the ground and will stay up, Norwich are playing some decent stuff as well. At the end of the day Pulis chose to play this kind of football and the majority of your fans have accepted it (cheering a throw in for f***s sake). I'd have thought Stoke fans would have got used to the comments on their style of play, but obviously not if you have to register onto another teams forum to moan about it. Man up, take part in the discussion or f*** off.

Re: the cheering of earned throw-ins.

I'm sure most neutral observers would've rip the p*ss out of that, in some form. Due to the audio technology during a live telecast (where a localised chant/jeering can be made out be to be more prominent that what it actually is) i've avoided tarnishing the lot of them with a wide-sweeping brush. But some of them have truly been brainwashed over time, and are true believers of Reverend Pulis' maverick way . It's in the name of banter but there's a more serious edge as well, but some of them at least, are the football supporters' equivalent of the dedicated populace (ie. Lemmings) that once graced the wild setting that was Jonestown.

As I've said previously I couldn't watch it week in week out, but it's actually quite exciting watching Delap bomb a throw into a penalty area populated by the other 20 players on the pitch. Particularly when it's not your own team defending it.

It has novelty value granted, and with it a sense of theatre & anticipation that comes with. Nothing more than that however. Overall though, attack-wise, their pattern of play belongs on a rugby pitch. Even in the case of rugby, with teams who solely rely on a kicking/field position orientated game & winning line-outs, it has it's disadvantages. Namely being the stifled impact & development of the team's outside backs (ie. ballrunners).

Anyone know why Tiote is struggling so much with injuries lately?

He's a crock.

Nah, just kidding. Trying not to push him too hard under Chelsea's orders. Part of the deal we've set up with them.

Anyone know why Tiote is struggling so much with injuries lately?

He's a crock.

Nah, just kidding. Trying not to push him too hard under Chelsea's orders. Part of the deal we've set up with them.

wormy pls

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/549/1307920884001.jpg

The general stop-start nature of his season, beginning with having a shit pre-season isn't going to help. Hopefully he'll get a full pre-season under his belt and be back on top form next season.

This is what Alan told the local press today:

“It could be a brilliant end to the season.”  “We are going to be playing in full stadiums and that’s brilliant.”  “The fans believe in what we are doing.”

“Regardless of what we do in the last five games we’ve had a great season.”  “But we still want to repay our fans.”  “At times against Bolton the crowd were quiet.”

“It wasn’t like that against Liverpool, we frightened them.” “Against Stoke I hope it’s more like Liverpool.” “We need to try to get that atmosphere going again.”

What does he expect when he goes away for our sucesfull 4-3-3? :\