Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest pintofscottsellers

Chelsea fans are butthurt  :lol:

s*** players, s*** owner, s*** manager, s*** fans, s*** stadium, s*** club.

Hopefully Chelsea win the CL and they can go back to being irrelevant.

"Sleeping giants"   

The television hadn't even been invented the last time they won anything.

From another forum :lol:

A CHELSEA fan calling us a s*** club!  They're the shittest club going. :lol:

Shit fans? sold out allocation wednesday night in London, a remember when they had won the league back  in 05/06, last game of the season at sjp and they only brought about 2,000 fans, remember seeing the empty seats and thinking fucking hell, you's have won the league ffs, we beat them aswell, Bramble scored  :lol:

Hindsight is such a silly thing in football. That Arsenal loss galvanised the team and 7 wins in 8 is something special. I'm going to blame Simpson for clearing the ball of the line and saving us a s*** load of points this season. Some of the Simpson bashing is embarrassing.

this

Guest Phil K

Chelsea fans are butthurt  :lol:

From another forum :lol:

What other forum by the way ?

It's a forum that broke away from Goal.com when it was closed down, not any club specific one.... its called Goal Legacy if you want to take a look.

And yh butthurt is putting it nicely  :lol:

Am i even allowed to advertise other forums? oh well too late :lol:

Cheers for that - just curious what others were saying to it.

That f***ing throw in at Arsenal man. :hmm:

I know every team could point to dropped points but even so......3 point swing against one of the teams we're just behind....

Bastards. 

One of Simpson's finest moments.

If we miss out to Arsenal I will hold Simpson totally responsible.  That may be an overreaction/irrational etc. but the fact is the job was done, we had won a point there. Then Danny decided to take an appalling throw in then hit the deck.

If we'd won any of the games we've lost we'd be ahead of Arsenal.  Its a rubbish attitude to have, if you want to pick a scapegoat on that basis there's plenty to choose from and all would be stupid.

Yes, but they were whole games. Wolves at home for example was a poor result, but it was because we didn't perform over a long period of time. The Simpson throw was deep into injury time and was a one off incident that shouldn't have happened. Like I said it is irrational, and it isn't helped by the fact I am a Simpson hater anyway, but if we finish a point or two behind Arsenal he will be the one I blame. There will be a direct causal link between the two.

We win, spuds draw and it's on, and it would be the first time Ive believed it could happen.

Everton winning while Liverpool drawing their next game would mean everton have fuk all to play for final day, thru can't finish any higher or lower, if that happens they'll play their kids IMO.

No chance of them fielding a substantially weakened team whatever the circumstances, really. Just don't think it's in Moyes' character for starters. Not sure whether it'd be better to play them with nothing on the line for them, or with the pressure of finishing above Liverpool/getting into Europe on their minds.

I've got so big time I don't even know what's the lowest place you could finish for Europe now. 8th? Aye it has to be.

Meh, it's win-win really. They'll have nothing to play for or the pressure of having Liverpool/Fulham on their tails come next weekend.

You're right - Moyes certainly won't just play the kids. Could see a few changes but it's not going to be 8 19 year olds suddenly appearing.

In theory, it should be a very good game what with both teams in very good form. You say us having little to play for could work against us, and that's fair enough, but then again we've had little to play for most of the past couple of months and we've been doing rather well.

Re blaming Simpson.....why not blame ba for a certain penalty miss or Williamson for fannying on the ball when he had an open goal v the mackems.

Scapegoating of the highest order imo.

Re blaming Simpson.....why not blame ba for a certain penalty miss or Williamson for fannying on the ball when he had an open goal v the mackems.

:thup:

So was it Simpson's throw-in in the game vs Arsenal I assume? Thing is, didn't you have a preposterous amount of players up-field in the first place?

Hindsight is such a silly thing in football. That Arsenal loss galvanised the team and 7 wins in 8 is something special. I'm going to blame Simpson for clearing the ball off the line and saving us a s*** load of points this season. Some of the Simpson bashing is embarrassing.

I take your point totally and we clearly hold different points of view - it would be boring if we didn't. Playing devils advocate though - put it in another context though; by making those goal line clearances Simpson was doing the job he is paid (very highly - and that is a completely different debate) to do properly. Whereas, in the last second of the Arsenal game Simpson failed to fulfil his duties properly.

If a surgeon is negligent and a patient dies whilst he is operating, he cannot point to the fact that he had completed a number of previous operations successfully in order to exonerate himself from blame. Same way as when I work part time in a restaurant; if I am busy and forget to take an order from a table, I expect a bollocking from my employer - I can't say well every other time I've taken orders and done it very well. 

I like Ba as a footballer and a person though (as far as I can for not actually knowing him personally). Williamson, I have no real problem with. I dislike Simpson as a footballer and a person. In that sense I am biased - quite happy to admit that.

EDIT - also if we had beaten the Mackems we'd be level with Arsenal. If we'd got the point at Arsenal we'd be a point ahead of them.

Hindsight is such a silly thing in football. That Arsenal loss galvanised the team and 7 wins in 8 is something special. I'm going to blame Simpson for clearing the ball off the line and saving us a s*** load of points this season. Some of the Simpson bashing is embarrassing.

I take your point totally and we clearly hold different points of view - it would be boring if we didn't. Playing devils advocate though - put it in another context though; by making those goal line clearances Simpson was doing the job he is paid (very highly - and that is a completely different debate) to do properly. Whereas, in the last second of the Arsenal game Simpson failed to fulfil his duties properly.

If a surgeon is negligent and a patient dies whilst he is operating, he cannot point to the fact that he had completed a number of previous operations successfully in order to exonerate himself from blame. Same way as when I work part time in a restaurant; if I am busy and forget to take an order from a table, I expect a bollocking from my employer - I can't say well every other time I've taken orders and done it very well. 

You say Simpson's just doing the job he paid to do...have you watched Rafael trying to defend?

Guest andrew

I think people berate simpson's throw because of how late it was and how stupid he was to decide to do that at that time, in the context of the game. his stick is unfair though, agreed.

I like Ba as a footballer and a person though (as far as I can for not actually knowing him personally). Williamson, I have no real problem with. I dislike Simpson as a footballer and a person. In that sense I am biased - quite happy to admit that.

So you like Ba but don't know him personally but don't like Simpson whilst, again, not knowing him personally.  Sound logic.

We win, spuds draw and it's on, and it would be the first time Ive believed it could happen.

Everton winning while Liverpool drawing their next game would mean everton have fuk all to play for final day, thru can't finish any higher or lower, if that happens they'll play their kids IMO.

No chance of them fielding a substantially weakened team whatever the circumstances, really. Just don't think it's in Moyes' character for starters. Not sure whether it'd be better to play them with nothing on the line for them, or with the pressure of finishing above Liverpool/getting into Europe on their minds.

I've got so big time I don't even know what's the lowest place you could finish for Europe now. 8th? Aye it has to be.

Meh, it's win-win really. They'll have nothing to play for or the pressure of having Liverpool/Fulham on their tails come next weekend.

You're right - Moyes certainly won't just play the kids. Could see a few changes but it's not going to be 8 19 year olds suddenly appearing.

In theory, it should be a very good game what with both teams in very good form. You say us having little to play for could work against us, and that's fair enough, but then again we've had little to play for most of the past couple of months and we've been doing rather well.

Then it's over if everton go full strength, well not get the win that's for sure.

Then it's over if everton go full strength, well not get the win that's for sure.

Yeah, we'll never ever beat Everton.

So you like Ba but don't know him personally but don't like Simpson whilst, again, not knowing him personally.  Sound logic.

Yea I am quite happy to admit my opinions are not based on personal experience. Ba comes across well in the interviews he has given. Simpson has had a go at the fans on twitter, tried to argue that he shouldn't be banned from driving because he does not earn the same amount of cash as Rooney and has, according to the papers, turned down a new contract.

We are football fans - since when did our opinions have to be logical?! I expect there are footballers you like and ones you dislike. I also imagine that this won't be based on knowing them personally.

Yeah, we'll never ever beat Everton.

Not at the end of the season away. If you want to beat everton away then play them in september.

Deliberately never mentioned any player when I brought it up. Aye, Simpson took the throw but the whole team massively fucked the situation up by being caught out of position. Arsenal ran through us like we weren't there when we should have been tighter and seen the game out properly. Totally preventable goal to concede.

Highly annoying stuff at the time and still is now.

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere on here but stumbled across this doing the rounds on facebook :lol:

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Newcastle-The-Contenders.jpg