Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Is anyone else just feeling all giddy at the moment by the way? :lol:

Great feeling.

feeling good. only third behind Keegan and Robson eras in my lifetime, with the potential to match or surpass.

to be honest, when you consider everything if we finish 4th, 5th or 6th it'll be a monumental achievement by pardew and the players like, 4th would be out of this world really - when you take everything into account (lunatic owner, 2nd season after relegation/promotion, extremely tight budget etc.) it'd be akin to winning the league really

Haven't felt like this about Newcastle for ten years. Couldn't stop smiling yesterday and kept on talking about it all night.

I'd go as far as saying the current warm fuzzy feeling is actually better than a decade ago. Due to the nature of our success, team spirit etc.

:tobey:

Well that couldn't have gone much better, could it?

In terms of NUFC, we were back to being able to field the strongest XI we have available for the rest of the season in the formation that has been so successful recently. This all added up to a comfortable win with no injury concerns and little sign of the pressure a few of us had been worrying about as all of this Champions League "talk" became more real. Cabaye has really stepped up to the plate in recent weeks after being given the freedom to play by Pardew and Cisse just cannot stop scoring, Hatem had his usual moment of class for the first, Tiote came back in and had a stormer and Jonas looks a natural fit in alongside him. The only concern I have currently is Ba's goal drought/general loss of confidence as a consequence, plus the Simpson/Williamson potential for dropping a clanger. However, they've been incredibly solid for a good while now, along with the "good" half of the defence and Super Tim (the Golden Glove dream lives on). Wigan's momentum came to a halt down at the Cottage thanks to a late goal that will hopefully take the wind out of their sails, so we go down there backed by a large away contingent and with nothing to fear. Set up like we did at Swansea and WBA and it's there for us, it really is.

Chelsea rotated their squad, as they're going to have to do on a regular basis between now and the end of the season and surprisingly still managed to do enough at the Emirates to drag Arsenal down into our sights. I still think third is fanciful at best, which is saying something considering my optimism at the moment, but the Arse won't relish a trip down to Stoke next weekend, who are going to need a reaction after their performance up here. Anything Pulis' shitty mob can take off them is a bonus, but I'd think a home win there is certainly a decent possibility. Also, with the 0-0 result the gap to Chelsea is stretched to four points, too, which is a big total for them to claw back with the busy schedule that they have. If a similar team to what they put out at Arsenal is picked against us, we should go down there with a lot less fear than normal. Playing them less than 3 days before the FA Cup Final is an obvious advantage, plus they've got Barcelona away on Tuesday and a derby against QPR to come before that too, the latter is a Sunday kick-off that gives us an extra 24 hours recovery time on them as well... setting up nicely?

Finally, Tottenham did as expected and buckled at QPR while looking relatively toothless in the process. I don't know how bad the injuries to Adebayor and Saha are, but I don't feel guilty at all for hoping they each miss at least another game. Howay Ledley, you're surely due a breakdown soon too - and the timing would be ideal now with Dawson and Kaboul knacked. On paper you'd still expect them to beat Blackburn at home next Sunday, but then again we'd have said the same about their game against Norwich and Wigan's game at Arsenal... I'm still not exactly confident Rovers can do anything for us though, and I'm more looking to Spurs' trips to Bolton/Villa in the week after to see them drop further points, given their current away form.

I've reset the poll and added the results to the bottom of the OP (9.9% increase in belief in the past week) and obviously I still think we can do it. There's still a good way to go and a lot of tough games for us to navigate, but things just keep falling into place. Let's just all enjoy the ride no matter what the outcome, because these are great days :thup:

PS: Howay Man Utd and howay Wolves, you useless fuckers.

Can't believe how much Spurs have lost the plot recently, it's great. The champions league is going to take a lot out of Chelsea I think, both mentally(when they get gubbed off Barca) and physically. Arsenal will finish strongly I think. There is no reason why we can't go for it.

Not sure how true it is but saw a stat the other day that Arsenal haven't won a game all season without Arteta in their side.

Bloody hell, they only signed him in January as well, done amazing to not win for the first 4 months and still be 3rd ;)

Not sure how true it is but saw a stat the other day that Arsenal haven't won a game all season without Arteta in their side.

Bloody hell, they only signed him in January as well, done amazing to not win for the first 4 months and still be 3rd ;)

Erm Signed him at the end so August :lol: