Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest neesy111

How can Chelsea get away with the FFP?

They were supposed to break-even in 2008 it's now 2012 and they are still nowhere near to it.

I think it's mainly because some clubs have historically had enough wealth to sustain themselves (Man Utd) and other ones success has landed in their lap due to a rich benefactor (Chelsea, Man City).

I know it's the only way to win the league, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Surely in sport, of all things, there's a big difference between earning success and buying it?

What has been earnt? Man U should be allowed to dominate ad infinitum because they have dominated in the past, and therefore built up more money than anyone else? They earn more money because their past success have given them more fans, more prestige, allowed them to construct some of the best facilities in the world, and given them a position of power and influence over all aspects of the game. It is a self-perpetuating cycle of dominance. The massive financial upheaval is an attempt to upset the position of such entities.

What a load of tosh.

Clubs winning the lottery and gaining infinite wealth that should be nowhere near football in the first place is not natural progression. It's false and will only serve to extend the monopoly that the Premier League and Champions League have created, in the process screwing over clubs attempting to do things the right way - ie ourselves. Watching them win trophies is certainly not going to be a pleasant change.

I'm sure you're over the moon that the existance of your other club (OM) is going to be rendered pointless over the next decade?

There is no right way, there are only means and ends. At the end of things, we have still achieved our position by using our predatory financial position to remove the best assets from other clubs. We've played our part now and in the past. From my view, either input false equivalency measures (such as those in the American sports) or deal with the consequences of free spending. I don't particularly care where it has come from, frankly.

Just last season, OM purchased two forwards for upwards of 30 million euro, why can I complain if someone comes in with even more money.

I'm much calmer this morning than I was last night. Nothing has been won yet- Chelsea will be facing one of two very good teams in the final. For me, preferably Real Madrid. I don't think Chelsea will have the ability to contain Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema. Even if they had a full strength side out I would highly doubt it.

All we should do is take things as they come, just keep focusing on the next game and try to finish as high as possible. Things have worked out in a ridiculous way so far, but no negativity on here is justified, imo. We've been an absolute credit to ourselves and the league- and, who would have taken this position when the transfer window shut last September 1st? Every soul on here.

Howay the lads!! BELIEVE!

I know what you mean Baba, I just think there's something false about the success of Man City and Chelsea.

I know we don't live in an ideal world where small teams can catch up to Man Utd just through clever management and good football though, so I see why some people would accept a change in the order of things, however it comes about.

At the same time though, I think progress is possible in the long term and it's mainly short-termism that leads people to believe upsetting the order with massive spending is the only way to go.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Real to win tonight and beat Chelsea in the final, NUFC to finish fourth #FTM fourth top mags.

Guest firetotheworks

It's absolutely insane that we're all currently in a position to have a real emotional investment in the result of the Champions League final. It's truly remarkable. It's also a bit of a shame that we're in a position where we can't want an English team to do well in Europe.

Guest pintofscottsellers

It's absolutely insane that we're all currently in a position to have a real emotional investment in the result of the Champions League final. It's truly remarkable. It's also a bit of a shame that we're in a position where we can't want an English team to do well in Europe.

I have never been one of these people who wants English teams to do well in Europe to be honest, I was absolutely gutted when Liverpool won it, even more so when Man United scored the jammy goals in 99

I have never been one of these people who wants English teams to do well in Europe to be honest, I was absolutely gutted when Liverpool won it, even more so when Man United scored the jammy goals in 99

Same, I don't wish the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea any success in Europe at all.

I'm much calmer this morning than I was last night. Nothing has been won yet- Chelsea will be facing one of two very good teams in the final. For me, preferably Real Madrid. I don't think Chelsea will have the ability to contain Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema. Even if they had a full strength side out I would highly doubt it.

All we should do is take things as they come, just keep focusing on the next game and try to finish as high as possible. Things have worked out in a ridiculous way so far, but no negativity on here is justified, imo. We've been an absolute credit to ourselves and the league- and, who would have taken this position when the transfer window shut last September 1st? Every soul on here.

Howay the lads!! BELIEVE!

They'll park the bus just like Steaua Bucherest Did years ago and win on penalties.

This rule is just unfair, i can get that winning the Champions League you should probably defend it...

But fuck that, if you don't finish in the champions league in the domestic you shouldn't deserve to be in it, what if they just rested their whole squad until the final, then finished 6th, then go on to win the final with a fresh team?! Id be foaming!

It's all liverpools fault for being winey little cunts we already had the rules set in place, liverpool bitch about it, change the rules and now it could seriously effect us!

If it does indeed happen, we finish 4th, chelsea win the champions league, we shouldn't just say  lets get on with it! fuck that, probably our only chance for a few years and it could set us up for many years

I don't see why Uefa don't just let the winners in but if they don't qualify they start in the very first round and have to work their way through all the qualifying games. Any team shouldn't have to miss out if they finish well in the league.

Chill man, we've made brilliant progress. Missing out on the CL will be a shame, but not a disaster.

It will prove to be a disaster if we're not able to repeat this season. We're in an amazing position to finish top four and stand to get no benefit from it.

I am certainly not going to be upset if we make it, but I can't help but feel it may be too soon for us to be in the CL yet.

Having to go through the qualifiers could really screw up the summer transfers. I am sure we have plans in place for who we had expected to go for but if we have the chance of CL these plans may be at best, put on ice, leaving with late signings, missing pre season and possibly missing out on the players we have earmarked as someone else snaps them up

Also, if we do make it in, the players, especially any new signings, will be much more likely to leave next summer if we don't repeat the feat and get in every year.

I am over the moon that we have Europe to look forward to next season and I will not be turning my nose up if it is 'only' the Europe League.

Same, I don't wish the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea any success in Europe at all.

On the flipside, we need English clubs to do well to keep hold of that 4th CL spot that might allow the likes of us a way back into the competition.

Have no problem whatever happens, but then I still can't belive we stand a chance of ending up high enough to worry. :lol:

Aren't people over reacting a little bit.

We always knew this was a risk, it would be the same if english teams had done bad in europe the last couple of years and there was only 3 places to fight over.

Chelsea are still not favorites to win, with the amount of suspensions they have, they either have to play Mourinho's Madrid or Bayern in München. There's a slightly bigger chance of us losing in the qualification, than chelsea winning this imo.

WE are also very fortunate that we have to play them now, when they won't give a fuck about the league and maybe they'll even be resting players.

Let's just focus on ourselves, seems like we just believe we'll fail and want to throw the blame on something that's beyond our control.

We now have a genuine chance to make the Champions League and I look so much forward to us giving it our best, and hopefully succeeding. No matter what I'll be so fucking proud of the boys and will be looking forward to european football next season.

WE are also very fortunate that we have to play them now, when they won't give a fuck about the league and maybe they'll even be resting players.

Great post except for this bit; all of their players are suspended for the final :lol:

Great post except for this bit; all of their players are suspended for the final :lol:

:lol: True, but the 'don't give a fuck'-part still counts, and they could still be resting someone like drogba I guess.