Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Lovenkrands isn't fazed:

Peter Lovenkrands ‏ @lovenkrands11

We need to finish 3 in the league now if chelsea wins the CL! Come on the TOON! We can do it!

That's because he doesn't have to do anything about it :lol:

:lol:

The potential of an entire week having finished 4th where we don't know whether we'll qualify or not is terrifying. I'll be a nervous wreck.

You know whose fault this is don't you, f***ing Liverpool, just had to get their own way, the f***ing wankers.

One game at a time mate, one game at a time.

Guest michaelfoster

I'm getting married on May 19th. :yao:

poor sod, i thought Chelsea potentially winning the Champions League was bad enough

Still think they'll lose the final - key players missing, Real are way, way better than them and even if it's Bayern they have the advantage of it being in their home ground...

Again, they had those players missing for most of tonights game, including when they were 2-0 down. They were also away from home to Barcelona with 10 men. I think they have as good a chance as anyone to win it and having seen how they presented themselves tonight I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that.

Might as well just finish third now then, I suppose.

Not "delighted" by any stretch and will be as tortured as anyone during that week and the CL final if we do come 4th. I'm certainly still of the belief we'll qualify, though.

Positives I'm taking are that I feel this will increase our chances down at Stamford Bridge next week and that I feel Chelsea's league form won't be enough to trouble us now with this and the FA final on the horizon, plus Chelsea face the prospect of a final without numerous key players as well. The key here is still finishing top four to begin with, at the end of the day.

Time to nut up or shut up for us, basically.

Aside from not finishing first and winning the league - I think this is our perfect season.

We'll finish top four. Chelsea will lose. The (minority of?) Villa fans who laughed that day will cry.

If we beat Chelsea and Wigan we're level on points with 3rd anyway, maybe even clear in third depending on Arsenal's result this coming weekend. It's a tough task, but we're the form team for 3rd as well.

Miraculously finishing 4th and then missing out on CL because Chelsea's B team fluke their way past Bayern in Munich would be the most typically Newcastle event I can imagine.

:lol:

Miraculously finishing 4th and then missing out on CL because Chelsea's B team fluke their way past Bayern in Munich would be the most typically Newcastle event I can imagine.

we've made much more of a habit of getting into europe through the back door than being knocked out.

Guest BooBoo

I'm getting married on May 19th. :yao:

Makes the evening reception VERY interesting!

There's no telly's at the joint that I can remember. Bring your wireless!

tonights result has, in my opinion, increased our chance of finishing 4th, but chelsea are one game away from making that a non champs league position. due to their injuries/suspensions etc i can't see them winning against real or bayern and hopefully because of this and the fa cup the league may take a bit of a back seat for them. i'd put our chances very slightly higher on the back of tonight.

tonights result has, in my opinion, increased our chance of finishing 4th, but chelsea are one game away from making that a non champs league position. due to their injuries/suspensions etc i can't see them winning against real or bayern and hopefully because of this and the fa cup the league may take a bit of a back seat for them. i'd put our chances very slightly higher on the back of tonight.

Couldn't exactly say they were favourites vs Barca either :yao: