The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

wembleys pitch looks fucking massive

Too big I reckon. I never got why they made it so big, England have never been able to produce a team with enough pace to feel the benefit of such a big pitch and it just gives an advantage to the teams we thought we could beat and be up there with when it was getting built.

It doesn't suit what English teams (club and national level) style of football.

Iv gone past it probably about a thousand times on the train, and it just sits there not doing anything. Proud of my child self I thought a stadium should be there instead :snod:

Been saying since I was a child they should build a stadium there

Odd child :lol:

'MW you coming out to play football?'

'nah its ok lads Im gonna look for some brownfield sites suitable for building stadiums on, and that'

Guest neesy111

Too big I reckon. I never got why they made it so big, England have never been able to produce a team with enough pace to feel the benefit of such a big pitch and it just gives an advantage to the teams we thought we could beat and be up there with when it was getting built.

If they made it smaller then the stadium would had to be taller which would make it even more of a lifeless white elephant.

i always thought the old wembley pitch, was the maximum fifa dimensions?

i always thought the old wembley pitch, was the maximum fifa dimensions?

Not sure, i don't remember much of it. I remember a couple of cup finals when I was watching them on TV but generally I wasn't interested in football much back then and when I did become interested in it (just before it got knocked down) I wasn't old enough to really take notice of pitch sizes.

Been saying since I was a child they should build a stadium there

Odd child :lol:

'MW you coming out to play football?'

'nah its ok lads Im gonna look for some brownfield sites suitable for building stadiums on, and that'

:lol: :aww: