The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Channel 5, built on Europa league and Steven Seagal

ANOTHER Seagal film?!

It's outrageous.

They tried being cheeky and showing a Van Damme film last thursday, someone must have rang in and complained and natural order's been restored.

Channel 5, built on Europa league and Steven Seagal

ANOTHER Seagal film?!

It's outrageous.

They tried being cheeky and showing a Van Damme film last thursday, someone must have rang in and complained and natural order's been restored.

Christ a few of my mates were round that night, we started watching that film after the game. What a laugh it was, the most surreal/funny film I've seen for a while. Was pretty much just Van Damme floating about coked off his nut coming out with ridiculous one liners and shagging/destroying everything in site.

The very start of this is still my favourite :lol:

They played it when Motherwell travelled to Bucharest. All the fans came home and started singing it when the players came out. Then they started playing it over the tannoy. Average players coming out to cheesy euro-dance and a few thousand folk shouting 'DUH DUH DUH DUHDUH DUH DUH DUH' over and over, was class :lol:

It's not that we can't have different views. It's that you chose to use Messi's penalty miss as some sort of proof that he's not the best, and you conveniently choose to ignore his performances and goals in two finals. There's no problem with having a different viewpoint if it's logically consistent. Yours isn't. And of course you chose to contrast Messi's miss with what Ronaldo would have done, again also ignoring how shit Ronaldo has been in big games over his Real career.

Scoring the match winner in the Copa Del Rey (Against the GREATEST TEAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), scoring the league clinching goal in the Nou Camp (Against the GREATEST TEAM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and scoring two goals in the Champions League semi final?

Yeah, proper shit, every single time.

:dowiespin:

Never said he's shit every time. It was a general comment that Ronaldo hasn't played well in big games in his Real career. I think that's why he was booed by the fans earlier this season. Why do you think that happened? They were just bored of his a goal a game? He's still only scored two goals in the league in 6 matches against Barca, one of which was a penalty. Hardly prolific. And no assists either.

Never said he's s*** every time. It was a general comment that Ronaldo hasn't played well in big games in his Real career. I think that's why he was booed by the fans earlier this season. Why do you think that happened? They were just bored of his a goal a game? He's still only scored two goals in the league in 6 matches against Barca, one of which was a penalty. Hardly prolific. And no assists either.

Ya ok so it's my view that some parts of Ronaldo's game is better than Messi's (heading and set pieces) and its cool if you think otherwise. But you don't see me quoting your name every time I state my opinion on Ronaldo vs Messi which for some weird reason you seem to be quite fond of.

Speaking of record, Ronaldo scored the winner in the Nou Camp,  what has Messi done against Madrid this year?

Never said he's shit every time. It was a general comment that Ronaldo hasn't played well in big games in his Real career. I think that's why he was booed by the fans earlier this season. Why do you think that happened? They were just bored of his a goal a game? He's still only scored two goals in the league in 6 matches against Barca, one of which was a penalty. Hardly prolific. And no assists either.

Real Madrid fans boo everyone.  They were booing Mourinho when Real Madrid had just won 4-1 and were 7 points clear in the La Liga.  Maybe if they spent more time cheering yesterday, instead of whistling and booing everytime Bayern held onto the ball for more then 30 seconds Madrid might've had more an edge.

Created the equaliser at the Bernabeu. The whole Ronaldo vs Messi stuff is very tiresome tbh, both ridiculously good players.

they both are, can't help feeling that ronaldo would be even better if he thought it was a team game.

Really happy with both Athletics playing against each other in an European final. Lots of shared history (Atlético was the Madrid branch of Athletic Club, hence the similar name and strips), plus both sets of fans would enjoy immensely the win.

Athletic Club for me, since they'll have a harder time sustaining their success, plus I love Bielsa. If they managed to win this this and the Copa (not that I want that to happen), they'd be the Spanish club with most proper trophies this season.

Oh, and what a player Adrián has become. He's always looked great on the ball, but never managed to be productive or consistent enough, which has been changing throughout the season. Deportivo will be gutted to have lost him on a free.

He's been linked with you lot, anything in that you reckon?

I don't think there's anything in it. I hope he stays where he is to be frank, second tier Spanish clubs need to be able to keep hold of their great players. Him and Falcao are an amazing partnership (about the only thing that's working at Atlético).