Players You Are Pleased We Didn't Sign (in Retrospect)

MyPalAl

Ishmael Miller. I still would have liked us to sign him, actually. He is an amazing talent. However, the players we've brought to the club in the last few seasons have performed to a level above what he is currently achieving, and I am quite pleased with the choices the club made.

Guest Chubby Jason

Harry Redknapp

Weren't we linked with Redknapp at the same time as Fat Sam though? I know who'd I'd rather have.

It was the same time as Keegan really. Redknapp would have walked in that scenario too.

David Beckham (bought Ronaldinho instead)

Frank Lampard (would have blocked Iniesta's progression)

David Trezeguet (bought Eto'o instead)

Edgar Davids (on hindsight, he looked great while on loan but we became much better without him)

You might also want to change your avatar, 'cos he never even made it to the grandest stage.... choker

David Beckham (bought Ronaldinho instead)

Frank Lampard (would have blocked Iniesta's progression)

David Trezeguet (bought Eto'o instead)

Edgar Davids (on hindsight, he looked great while on loan but we became much better without him)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59840000/png/_59840224_mmcoylereaction.png

Shane Long. He's tailed off dramatically after a cracking start.

Still think he's a good player but when you compare him to Ba/Cisse then it would be a no. I'd have him above all the others though

Whilst you can't deny that some of these players have been poor at their clubs (or we've signed a better alternative), there are a few in here which i still think would have been decent for us had we signed them.

The likes of Beckford, Keane, Kuyt... in the context of the time when we were linked with them - they'd have been good signings i reckon. For example, if we hadn't got the likes of Routledge, Harewood or Hall in during the Championship, they'd have probably featured in this thread. But they were decent signings.

Robbie Keane though, especially when we were first linked with him for a few bob under Roeder, that would have been class. Beckford n'all - i reckon he'd still be on our books now, even with our current plethora of strikers. Kuyt's just about the only thing i can stand about Liverpool. Good player and seems like an honest guy too. As big a fan of Martins as i was, Kuyt might've been the better signing in the long-term.

But yeah, fate's turned out alright. Don't really know what point i'm trying to make tbh. :lol: I guess what i'm saying is, i can't blame us for wanting some of these players when we did.

Has Luis Boa Morte been mentioned? I know Luque flopped but I'm sure we bid about £8m for him from Fulham just before that.

We were chasing him for ages too. Just type in 'souness boa morte' in google. So many links spanning so much time.

• 1 month later...