Newcastle United 3 - 0 Stoke - 21/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Apparently we were lucky again today, if you listen to Stoke's Boss. They should have won 3 nil with a hatrick from Walters and all our goals were because of poor play by them, why can't these bloody managers give credit where credit is due ?

Stoke manager Tony Pulis: "We had a lot of chances today. Jon Walters, who I think the world of, could have come out of the game scoring a hat-trick.

"But the difference in both boxes was they hit the target and we never. From being very much in the game we were 2-0 behind after two very poor goals.

"At the start of the second half we thought if we could get that goal it would have been game on. But the third goal was very poor again and that gave them the momentum to go on.

"You've got to give our players credit - they kept going and kept going. I don't think it was that bad a performance."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17711736

:spit:

Absolutely brilliant today, loved every minute of it. Let's keep this run going, howay! Spurs losing as well  :cheesy:

Can't wait to go down to Wigan next week, should be terrific atmosphere from our lot.

Saw this martin o'neil-esque whingey fuck nugget getting on coach at marriot in gosforth, Should of went round the roundabout hurling abuse at him now i think about it. most abject away performance ive seen from a team at st james' this season.

Apparently we were lucky again today, if you listen to Stoke's Boss. They should have won 3 nil with a hatrick from Walters and all our goals were because of poor play by them, why can't these bloody managers give credit where credit is due ?

Stoke manager Tony Pulis: "We had a lot of chances today. Jon Walters, who I think the world of, could have come out of the game scoring a hat-trick.

"But the difference in both boxes was they hit the target and we never. From being very much in the game we were 2-0 behind after two very poor goals.

"At the start of the second half we thought if we could get that goal it would have been game on. But the third goal was very poor again and that gave them the momentum to go on.

"You've got to give our players credit - they kept going and kept going. I don't think it was that bad a performance."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17711736

BBC had a 'Newcastle thrash Stoke' headline there for a while.

One of them is wrong. Pulis I think.

Stoke hardly participated in the game except for that Walters chance.

Industrial strength nonsense.

Exactly. Off the top of my head I don't think there has been another premier league game this season where we have been so comfortable for the full 90. Maybe West Brom away, but even then we had a shaky 15 when we conceded.