Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Probably a small hairy Welshman but saw this on .com -  52,389. Highest crowd at the rebuilt St. James' Park - beating the mackems home game by one.

Was a little disappointed, but not at all surprised to see two objects thrown at Joe Hart in the 2nd half. c***s.

I think one was  a paper cup - unlikely to have done too much damage

It was always going to be a game where the first goal and a bit of quality kind of decided it and on another day that Ben Arfa goal goes in. What a strike that was with his wrong foot. City really are a ridiculous side but what thats to be expected when someone has thrown with the thick end of half a billion at it,  :lol: Yaya Toure and Kompany are true warriors but the money thing is the thing which sours it a little for me. Finances on a ludicrous level really that take the piss.

Don't think this team is that far away from becoming a powerhouse themselves. They'll learn a lot from today even in defeat.

Woke up this morning slightly pissed off we didn't at least stick one past this lot.  I know pards tactics was to keep it tight most of the game and try to knick it, but I think if we'd have just gone full out for 10-15 minutes at the start the crowd and pressure would have got to Man City. We infact gave them far too much respect which played into their hands imo.

We looked leggy, but I thought after Chelsea we were going to give more going forward than we did.  Everything up front was a bit disjointed which was a real downer.

However you can't help but be proud of the work ethic even though we knew we weren't firing on all cylinders.

Beat the toffee's and lets see what happens, but ultimately that first half no show at Wigan has been so costly.

Roll on next season!

Damn shame we couldn't hold on, but if the crowd gave that every game then we win almost all of them and every player lesving the ground will want to come back and play again.

Just hope our current squad realise how lucky they are playing for us, as we are to have them.

Pardew was great yesterday as well, team, setup, subs. Oe of his best for me regardless of the result.

If I was to pick out a weakness in our performance, I'd say neither of the strikers held the ball up well, and they didn't really link up together. Admittedly they were up against a good defence, but if we're going 4-4-2, I think ideally one of the strikers needs to be good in the more withdrawn role.

If I was to pick out a weakness in our performance, I'd say neither of the strikers held the ball up well, and they didn't really link up together. Admittedly they were up against a good defence, but if we're going 4-4-2, I think ideally one of the strikers needs to be good in the more withdrawn role.

Agreed. Looked like the front 3 were looking for personal glory more than usual yesterday. There were a few occasions where they went for their own chance instead of trying to set up somebody else who was in a better position.

Even with the top quality we have in the present front three, Shola is still the best player in the club at performing the role you describe.

Guest BooBoo

I think Kompany would get my vote as best opposing player I've seen at SJP this season. Towering performance and he's not too shabby with the ball at his feet either.

Agreed. Looked like the front 3 were looking for personal glory more than usual yesterday. There were a few occasions where they went for their own chance instead of trying to set up somebody else who was in a better position.

We never played with a front three yesterday.

We never played with a front three yesterday.

You know what I mean(t).

I think Kompany would get my vote as best opposing player I've seen at SJP this season. Towering performance and he's not too shabby with the ball at his feet either.

That trick down the Milburn wing was Colo esque. Brilliant player and comes across as a really good pro/guy too. All too easy to be a bellend in his position.

Guest BooBoo

Yep, he seems a good egg. On the other hand Joe Hart always comes across as a prick.

So, anyway, 1968. The next season, of course, we went on to win the Fairs Cup, ancestor of the Europa League. So let's hope the pattern continues...

Ah shite. I'm terrible for believing omens and superstitions. That's going to have my head in bits all summer.

That trick down the Milburn wing was Colo esque. Brilliant player and comes across as a really good pro/guy too. All too easy to be a bellend in his position.

Crazy that their best player and captain only cost them 6 million pounds!!

Was a little disappointed, but not at all surprised to see two objects thrown at Joe Hart in the 2nd half. c***s.

I think one was  a paper cup - unlikely to have done too much damage

Doesnt matter what it is like, just throwing anything on the pitch at someone is fucking stupid.