Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest reefatoon

Can see Cabaye getting unsettled if the club fail to bring in Debuchy for the sake of a million quid or so.

Don't be daft man, he was fine last season and I am sure he doesn't need his mate holding his hand.

Still think we should be looking at a quality LB and shifting over Santon myself.

Good thing you're not in charge of our transfers then.

At least we would get players for positions we actually need them.

No we wouldn't, Santon's a left back, let it sink in FFS :)

I'd be happy as a sandboy to see Santon continue on the left and bring in someone like Debuchy, but I think the managemet and Santon himself might argue with your claim.

He has already said that he was told that this season he be used more on the right, something which he seemed very pleased about.

Guest bimpy474

The kids and I have taken Mrs Bimpy for a waddle in the woods, this

news is not improving my day.

Still think we should be looking at a quality LB and shifting over Santon myself.

I'd be happy as a sandboy to see Santon continue on the left and bring in someone like Debuchy, but I think the managemet and Santon himself might argue with your claim.

He has already said that he was told that this season he be used more on the right, something which he seemed very pleased about.

Could you post a link to that comment?  Because I haven't seen him say that anywhere.

Guest reefatoon

Could you post a link to that comment?  Because I haven't seen him say that anywhere.

Yeah I read that interview with Santon too, where he said that Pardew wanted to play him more on the right but he still wanted to see Debuchy through the door because strengthening the squad is what it is about . . . . .

If we didn't get him after all this because the club were unwilling to stump up an extra million I think my head would explode.

Not getting held to ransom over De Jong was a good move, but right back is our weakest position and Debuchy is just about one of the most in form right backs in europe right now.  Madness.

If we didn't get him after all this because the club were unwilling to stump up an extra million I think my head would explode.

Not getting held to ransom over De Jong was a good move, but right back is our weakest position and Debuchy is just about one of the most in form right backs in europe right now.  Madness.

I agree but I'm also quite happy that the club knows the values of players and won't be held to ransom, even if it costs us targets.

It was always going to be harder this summer with every club watching us closely due to past success in the transfer Market.

Guest reefatoon

:lol:

:iamatwat:

p'raps I should use yellow text instead of white next time

aye ok fella, you added that in afterwards!!  I quoted you and it wasn't on then, you little fibber ya, trying to cover your back now eh . . .