Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest bimpy474

A Lille player might leave the club this week.

Thank you Prophet. Are the mists of the mind hiding the face and name of this player from your third eye, or can you reveal more to us?

It could be Debuchy, and it's a possibility he'll sign for us.

:kasper: You have a gift

Well his name does lean toward that like.

:facepalm: I know  :lol:

I knew what you knew'd  :cheesy:  :laugh:

Thank you Prophet. Are the mists of the mind hiding the face and name of this player from your third eye, or can you reveal more to us?

:lol: Thank God for that. You had me going there for a second  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Thank God for that. You had me going there for a second  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Think this deal is dead myself. Have resigned myself that he isn't coming, anything happens other than that is a bonus.

:huff:

http://tribalinsight.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/i-want-to-believe.jpg

Nobody's more gutted than me, believe me, I had this guy already in the team in my head linking up with Yoyo and Ben 10 down the right hand side but having read everything on this, the Lille forum, twitter feeds and news conferences I just feel they are serious, that he isn't now for sale.

They said (or alluded to the fact that) they wanted a replacement in "if" he was to leave and they wanted the money in to do that in good time.

Clearly if we rock in close to the window closing, it leaves little or no time for them to get said replacement.

To be fair, they have a big old season coming up themselves and I very much doubt they'll want to be in a weaker position going into said season.

The time to successfully do this deal comfortably has already past, every week that passes makes it increasingly unlikely in my opinion.

That said, I'd be delighted if it does happen but I'm no longer worrying/getting annoyed about it.

Been on holiday for a week and was hoping to come back to news of Debuchy signing. One look in here and I guess nothing has happened and people are going crazy and wanting to kill themselves?

Guest Tyson

I don't know how anybody can say with certainty that Santon is a natural RB. Nothing in his career, or his play for us, has demonstrated that. He's just right footed, that's it.

You would think a right footed fullback would be able to play right back though wouldn't you?? It must feel more natural than playing on the wrong foot.

The only thing natural about it is you have the chance to cross with your best foot. From personal experience I have played more on the left than right, mostly because it feels easier all round from a right foot perspective.

Other than that, the major advantage of having a left-footed LB is obvious when playing the ball, out from the back, when the opposition forwards raise their workrate & urgency when pressing (sliding to his flank) from the inside. The left-footers have an advantage (of using the ball on their shielded left) of playing around the outside of the sliding press, to wider options, on their strongest foot. That's the main reasoning for my preference to having a natural-footed FB.

But having said that Santon does look solid (under pressure) on his non-preferred foot.

Guest StellaExpress

RUMOUR:  Take it or leave it final bid of around £6.75m - £7m to be submitted imminently as it would seem that an agreement has been reached after transfer sumit.

We wait with baited breath

:whistle:

RUMOUR:  Take it or leave it final bid of around £6.75m - £7m to be submitted imminently as it would seem that an agreement has been reached after transfer sumit.

The one you claim Pardew stormed out of? Brilliant. :lol:

Guest Shaun

Seems legit.