Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

@theofficialfuckingsite

I know I know... I should maybe tidy quotes up but to be fair it's just quoting the source... They seem unusually canny for getting post match quotes others struggle with...

I wondered how he'd cope with the pressure of wearing Ramage's shirt number but he seems to have coped with it well and even made it his own. It's great to see a newcomer step into the mamoth sized boots of a cult figure, and handle the level of expectation with aplomb. Debuchy's fast on his way to converting a devoted fanbase, for now, but the legacy of an icon still lingers large.

:lol:

;)

I still love the bit where he takes a throw in and it doesn't immediately lead to an opposition goal.

He takes loads of foul throws for a full back though, which is strange

Foul throws are all the rage these days man, you literally have to throw it with your head to get penalised. Gone the same way as keepers holding on to the ball for too long, completely ignored.

From wiki:

Handspring throw-in

The handspring throw-in is a dramatic type of throw-in, rarely used in competitive games, where the player completes a front handspring (somersault) while holding the ball. Instead of landing on the hands during the handspring, the player's weight is momentarily supported entirely by the ball. This type of throw-in follows all of the rules that require the player to have both feet on the ground when he/she is releasing the ball, the ball is thrown from behind the head, and the ball is thrown with equal force by both hands. Strong abdominal muscles are required for this throw-in.

It was Steve Watson of Newcastle United was famed for this technique and was able to throw the ball over 30 m. Brazilian Leah Lynn Gabriela Fortune has also been reported to be able to throw over 30 yards (27 m) with the technique.

Imagine Delap or Shotton doing that. :lol:

'Boro v Newcastle 1990-91 Steve Watson flip / somersault throw-in' on YouTube. :lol:

Are we fucken satisfied now that he IS better than Danny Simpson?

Hasn't thrown the ball directly to the other team leading to a goal

Hasn't sent nearly every cross directly to the first defender or out of play

Hasn't got knocked unconscious in a drunken 3 am fight

I'd say he's better.

Seriously though, I don't hate Simpson, but Debuchy is the real deal. The difference he makes in the attacking half raises the ceiling of what this team can accomplish, if only we had him all year.. I can't wait to see him and HBA link up..