Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

The rules are wrong

They're not.

The 'intent' rule is a load of shit. When the ball is won first, and cleanly it should not be a foul, regardless of the tackle.

It is a crock of shit. He got the ball cleanly and never touched their player. If he'd cleaned the kid out fair enough, but he never touched him.

He was never anywhere near their player, never touched him and got both feet to the ball.

I understand why he got sent off but think it's s*** because it wasn't even a foul and their player is still standing up on his feet as he was nowhere near the tackle.

Pretty much what I was trying to say.

It just annoys me when I see 'intent' branded about. There is no intent to hurt the player with 99% of tackles, what there is, is a player that wants to win the ball back for his team. It was just unfortunate the ball happened to be bouncing and was just out of reach.

Is it a red card? Yes

Is it stupid? Yes

Was there intent to hurt hum? No

There's just no reason to go in two-footed like that. Always amazed when I see that and laugh at the idiots. It's never even a freekick if he goes in with the same speed but only uses one leg.

The rules are wrong

They're not.

The 'intent' rule is a load of s***. When the ball is won first, and cleanly it should not be a foul, regardless of the tackle.

It is a crock of s***. He got the ball cleanly and never touched their player. If he'd cleaned the kid out fair enough, but he never touched him.

Nah. There's no place for that type of challenge in the modern game. It shouldn't be attempted and therefore does not need any interpretation. You do it, red card and it's just. Teaches players (of all ages) not to attempt those tackles. Next time you'll break someone's leg.

Still love Debuchy mind. He's the type of lad to get carried away and that's just what happened. He'll pick up many more cards while he's here. I hope it's yellows rather than reds.

I honestly don't mind the cards and can understand some red cards.  I wouldn't be even close to this mad if he just went in late and caught the ankle if it's one footed. Today's tackle is just too fucking idiotic. Like a plea for a 3 game ban.