Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Amazing how important this guy is to our team this season, shows when he's not there, that constant threat from his flank, his blood and thunder defending and think his desire to attack all the time transmits to the whole team. Future captain if he can stop getting red cards too often (assuming we don't sell him stupidly)

I'm 43 started playing 11 a side at 7 years old, that kind of tackle has never been acceptable, not ever.

Of course it has.

Tommy Smith, Ron Harris and the like made careers from them kind of tackles.Playing the ball without touching the opponent; nobody would bat an eyelid 20 or 30 years ago.Sliding through players to get the ball,  as long as the ball was played, nobody batted an eyelid, indeed them tackles were even applauded.  No room for it in this day and age though and that's why I agree he had to go.

Two footed jump ins have never been acceptable, going through the back of a attacker was something i used to get away with, also as you pointed out sliding through someone to get the ball.

The key here is he never slid through some, or went throught back of someone. He jumped two footed, launch himself in a ridiculous tackle. Would have been red years ago, not just now.

30 years ago you wouldn't be sent off for intent alone. Which  Debuchy rightly was . You wouldn't get a straight red without contact to the player. No way.

How come Raphael only got a yellow yesterday for doing exactly the same thing as Debuchy including getting all of the ball and none of the man??

Consistency???????

Thought the same when I saw that. Only difference may have been that Debuchy made the tackle head on, while Rafael came in sideways?  :undecided:

Hope to God he doesn't stick with Saylor and Willo. Play Mbiwa centrally

You pleb.

I hadn't even thought of this :(

I'd be very surprised if Taylor wasn't now dropped considering Mbiwa has hardly put a foot wrong and formed a good partnership with Willo whilst Colo was out injured previously. Especially since Taylor being at fault for the West Ham goal. Pardew stated how hard it was for him to drop Mbiwa when Colo came back, can't see him doing it for Taylor.

The Vidic sending off was a tad harsh too

In slow motion it looks like a simple yellow but in real time it looks reckless and nasty. Can't complain over the red, like.

Rafael was a stone wall red. Cahill had every right to be going mental with that sort of tackle flying around near his ankles.

You pleb.

I'd be very surprised if Taylor wasn't now dropped considering Mbiwa has hardly put a foot wrong and formed a good partnership with Willo whilst Colo was out injured previously. Especially since Taylor being at fault for the West Ham goal. Pardew stated how hard it was for him to drop Mbiwa when Colo came back, can't see him doing it for Taylor.

Tend to agree, for some reason I can just never shake my team selection fear. And I'm a sympathiser FFS!

You pleb.

Tend to agree, for some reason I can just never shake my team selection fear. And I'm a sympathiser FFS!

If he does pick Mbiwa, he'll not get praised, if he goes for Taylor...well you know the rest... ;)