Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Don't blame him for moving at all.. Still going to sting to see him in an Arsenal shirt winning the league cup and fourth place trophy next season.  :anguish:

Better than the Gozza cup and third place in the top 8 league.

Guest bimpy474

People jumping for joy about the fee on Twitter - fucking laughable.

Seen a fair few happy he's going. And some saying the same about Moussa :anguish:

Pardew's bullshit really works on some don't it.

People who get excited about a transfer fee in either direction astound me.

It's not as if you get a refund on your season ticket if the fee for an outgoing player is huge. And it's certainly not as if that money gets reinvested at a 100% rate (we're lucky if it's a 5% rate). So who gives a shit if you get 8m or 80m? We're losing another quality player and replacing him with no one -- and that holds true until we see Aurier or Janmaat or fucking Jenkinson holding up a shirt.

Remember that long, frustrating summer spent tracking Debuchy’s movements? Mike Ashley had needed to be convinced by Graham Carr and Derek Llambias of the sell-on value of a 26-year-old who would be given a five-year contract. Eventually he relented.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-douglas-mathieu-debuchys-impending-7383638

Interesting, explains why it took so long to get him, and we wouldn't pay a penny more. Also explains why we are so quick to sell. Big Mike has to be the tightest person walking this Earth. My goodness.

It's the FM generation. They think they can simply sell an older player and replace him with a younger and better player for cheaper. Rinse and repeat. Obviously it doesn't quite work like that irl.

Guest bimpy474

At least it might open his eyes to signing more over-25s.

That'll never happen, for that Ashley has to be interested in the team. An experienced player might help you win a cup, or push you on in the league. They are only interested in standing still (10th), so it's about value for money.

It's never about what the team needs, which is ridiculous but they simply don't care.

Utterly unbelievable. The club must be laughing their fucking tits off.

Have a look at Ryder's transfer page in the chronicle. a £10m price tag was suggested for Sissoko and the first fan to write in says he's not worth £5m. No wonder Ashley's taking the piss.

Guest firetotheworks

A lot of our fans are total cunts like, but bothering with changing them ahead of bothering with changing Ashley and Pardew is exactly what they'd want. Don't waste your time, those people are simply idiots. No amount of correctly presented information will ever change them.

Guest Roger Kint

Have a look at Ryder's transfer page in the chronicle. a £10m price tag was suggested for Sissoko and the first fan to write in says he's not worth £5m. No wonder Ashley's taking the piss.

He says £5 doesnt he? We have some right morons though

£5 was it? :lol: For a 24 year old goal scoring midfielder.

Guest Roger Kint

£5 was it? :lol: For a 24 year old goal scoring midfielder.

There was us mugs thinking the club got a bargain at £2m :lol:

For me, at the minute and for the foreseeable future it's simply: having players > not having players

Absolutely no guarantee if and when anyone will be replaced, if at all and for the most part with our few 'good players' the replacement due to the nature of our extremely limited transfer scope is going to be poorer than the outgoing player for the most part and will need the adaptation time to the league.

For me, at the minute and for the foreseeable future it's simply: having players > not having players

Absolutely no guarantee if and when anyone will be replaced, if at all and for the most part with our few 'good players' the replacement due to the nature of our extremely limited transfer scope is going to be poorer than the outgoing player for the most part and will need the adaptation time to the league.

100% this. We are in absolutely no position to scoff at incoming transfers. Yeah, it's shit that the club's not setting the bar higher, but between having a full squad of mediocre players or being stretched thin at 4 positions, I'll take the former. Sadly we're still likely to end up with a combination of both scenarios.

People jumping for joy about the fee on Twitter - f***ing laughable.

Utterly unbelievable. The club must be laughing their f***ing tits off.

Have a look at Ryder's transfer page in the chronicle. a £10m price tag was suggested for Sissoko and the first fan to write in says he's not worth £5m. No wonder Ashley's taking the p*ss.

100% this. We are in absolutely no position to scoff at incoming transfers. Yeah, it's s*** that the club's not setting the bar higher, but between having a full squad of mediocre players or being stretched thin at 4 positions, I'll take the former. Sadly we're still likely to end up with a combination of both scenarios.

Big picture, Pardew is in charge of transfers. If he does poorly there's a slightly less slimmer chance of him getting hooked. I don't want us to sign anyone.

Have a look at Ryder's transfer page in the chronicle. a £10m price tag was suggested for Sissoko and the first fan to write in says he's not worth £5m. No wonder Ashley's taking the p*ss.

100% this. We are in absolutely no position to scoff at incoming transfers. Yeah, it's s*** that the club's not setting the bar higher, but between having a full squad of mediocre players or being stretched thin at 4 positions, I'll take the former. Sadly we're still likely to end up with a combination of both scenarios.

Big picture, Pardew is in charge of transfers. If he does poorly there's a slightly less slimmer chance of him getting hooked. I don't want us to sign anyone.

Pardew buying a lot of shit players would set us back years IMO.

Pardew buying a lot of s*** players would set us back years IMO.

:thup: as illustrated by by the fact we can't give obertan away.

Imagine a team packed with Carlton Coles, James Tomkin's and Rob Elliot's.

Pardew buying a lot of s*** players would set us back years IMO.

:thup: as illustrated by by the fact we can't give obertan away.

Imagine a team packed with Carlton Coles, James Tomkin's and Rob Elliot's.

:pards:

http://media.giphy.com/media/mxBPGsq86gOo8/giphy.gif