Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Really can't understand people saying we should forget Debuchy. He wants to come, we've agreed terms with him, and we're at most £1.5m from getting a bid accepted. Lille are asking for a very fair amount. We should pay up, and get our player. He'd be our best right back for ages.

We have shown so many times that we will not pay a penny above what we value a player at. If Lille don't back down, we won't sign him.

What do we value him at though?  We offered 5m Euro's, but we mustn't have valued him at that because we then went to 6m Euro's, do we value him at 6m or will there be another bid in a week or so?, we'll have to wait and see.

On our side, the management we have believe we are not in desperate need for any of those player. Although they would add a lot to the squad if we can get them, we can survive without them. Gives us a touch of bargaining power but also dangerous arrogance.

Hard ball hasnt worked, so its stump up or move on to the next player on the list becuase we are edging closer and closer to the start of the season and we currently havnt strengthened our first team.

That said im not worried about nufc getting players in it would just be nice to accept sometimes you have to take a hit and pay the going rate for players of obvious quality

On our side, the management we have believe we are not in desperate need for any of those player. Although they would add a lot to the squad if we can get them, we can survive without them. Gives us a touch of bargaining power but also dangerous arrogance.

It gives Ashley an excuse when we don't sign anyone.

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and pay the money. It's not nice, it may be a bit of a blow to their egos but sometimes it's worth it in the long run. Had we been 4m apart then it's a no-brainer. A million quid apart? Just fucking pay it.

Were already 4m up after banking 3 from Best and 2 from Forster. Bigi cost a million ffs.

Fucking hell lads chill out. We've had two bids rejected, wait for what happens next. May not get Debuchy, we might end up with Van der Wiel and he may be great. Judge our window by the time it has closed, not on August 2nd as all other major clubs have done nowt.

IMO it's no coincidence that we've come in with another bid after the Ba clause expired. I think we'll be back again. The only real danger with this signing is that someone else buys him, if he stays at Lille I fully expect us to get him in January, at the price we're offering now.

f***ing hell lads chill out. We've had two bids rejected, wait for what happens next. May not get Debuchy, we might end up with Van der Wiel and he may be great. Judge our window by the time it has closed, not on August 2nd as all other major clubs have done nowt.

I agree with the sentiment... Though you are obviously overlooking Chelsea... Hopefully next week things will start to move... As someone mentioned earlier it's more to do with the fact we have signed no automatic first team upgrade yet that is making people more anxious...

Guest sicko2ndbest

f***ing hell lads chill out. We've had two bids rejected, wait for what happens next. May not get Debuchy, we might end up with Van der Wiel and he may be great. Judge our window by the time it has closed, not on August 2nd as all other major clubs have done nowt.

There were recent quotes from Dekka

' we will put our opening bid in. If that is rejected they know out 2nd will be very close. If that's not enough, we move on '

Or words to that effect

Guest Dontooner

MA can Fcuk off, if he doesn't try to improve this current team. Chances to improve a team with already great potential doesn't often come by. Seriously hope we win a major trophy in my lifetime. 

I agree with the sentiment... Though you are obviously overlooking Chelsea... Hopefully next week things will start to move... As someone mentioned earlier it's more to do with the fact we have signed no automatic first team upgrade yet that is making people more anxious...

Arsenal have not exactly done nowt either, Spurs signing Vertonghen and Sigurdsson is hardly nowt either.

Ignacio Gonzalez, Xisco, Lamine Diatta, Fabrice Pancrate, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Shefki Kuqi.

All panic signings made on deadline day or after as a result of leaving the squad short, and all made under Ashley.

For the sake of balance, I applaud what Ashley has done with the scouting, and our signings in the last two years have improved dramatically. Also, most of those signings were a while ago, and some would say lessons have been learned since. But old habits die hard, and Ashley sees himself as a tough and ruthless negotiator. Others would say reckless and complacent, espescially for an owner with a relegation already on his CV.

My gut feeling is we will push this transfer through because we have to, because it makes too much sense. But knowing how Ashley operates, concerns are beginning to creep in. We all know Ashley is prepared to sweat it out until deadline day and leave us with Simpson or less. The above list of panic signings made by four different managers under Ashley is testament to that.

I hope that lessons have been learned by Mike and Dekka and we're not bringing this back up in 3 week's time.

Guest Phil K

Seems like Lille's prez is doing a little macho swaggering.

Seems to have little to do with the deal, more a case of "Look how hard I am, they can kiss my arse"