Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

He was unlucky with one of the balls where he drilled it to the front post but their defender stopped it for a corner. Due to the fantastic performances of Sissoko he has gone slightly unnoticed in the media but glad we finally got him when we should have definitely had in the summer and people could argue we would never be in the position we are now.

This - it was very short-sighted not to complete the transfer and may have cost us dearly had we not ended up spending big bucks in Jan..

One of his crosses was absolutely f*cking class but somehow it missed everyone, getting quite annoyed at no one EVER attacking the ball tbh.

would you take carroll back?

I would for 8 mill .. Provided he doesn't start every game and he mainly features against teams like Stoke and West Ham .. Plus adds another dimension to our game when we are chasing the lead

One of his crosses was absolutely f*cking class but somehow it missed everyone, getting quite annoyed at no one EVER attacking the ball tbh.

would you take carroll back?

I would for 8 mill .. Provided he doesn't start every game and he mainly features against teams like Stoke and West Ham .. Plus adds another dimension to our game when we are chasing the lead

I agree, no more than 7-8 mill and not at the expense of a fast striker also

We don't really need carroll for all that tbf its more about lack of movement and attacking intent than height and power.

Which when it comes down to it is a coaching problem.

carolls movement up here was quite decent and he put in some fantastic crosses form the left. however since leaving he's been asked to play very cerntral and just to use his head. i wouldn't mind the player that left here. not sure i want the players he now seems to be or the person back.

A fully fit Carroll here this season could have seen us on course for a top 8 finish IMO.

The way we've played, whether we had too or not, cried out for a player like him to use, with that outlet when we were playing poor he's perfect to keep winning. If we're not getting rid of Pardew, then Carroll is an essential signing IMO. Think overall he'd be a blessing for Cisse as well.

I'd rather us take a new direction, a winger replacement for Ba but I've almost resigned to Pardew staying, so lets give a caveman his tools, a big fucking stone club to bash the living fuck out of people with.

whats with the fascination with direct replacements ?

gouffran has taken ba's place on the team sheet but his role is nothing like what ba's was so in that respect he's no ba replacement.

Guest Roger Kint

whats with the fascination with direct replacements ?

gouffran has taken ba's place on the team sheet but his role is nothing like what ba's was so in that respect he's no ba replacement.

This so much.

I don't get how Carroll would be good for Cisse that's all. It'd pretty much mean 4-4-2 or shifting Cisse again. Think Gouffran or that type of player is absolutely fine.

Tbh if we do buy a strictly CF who can't play out wide i hope Pardew rotates them effectively, i don't mind us buying someone like Bony for example but Pardew has to rotate them effectively and not try to shoe horn them in together and unbalance the team.

I don't get how Carroll would be good for Cisse that's all. It'd pretty much mean 4-4-2 or shifting Cisse again. Think Gouffran or that type of player is absolutely fine.

Tbh if we do buy a strictly CF who can't play out wide i hope Pardew rotates them effectively, i don't mind us buying someone like Bony for example but Pardew has to rotate them effectively and not try to shoe horn them in together and unbalance the team.

But really having carroll would be useful in very tight games away from home, but another striker who can play wide should be the first priority, then someone like carroll if ashley is speding again 

You ever thought of getting into coaching mole? Think your pretty knowledgable mate. Should give it a crack if you haven't.

Thanks  :aww:

Honestly though i don't have the concentration span for all that, i'm amazed i'm able to fit in a job and go to the gym 4 days a week tbh :lol:

I'll just stick to watching it from a far and getting into stupid arguments about nothing. :laugh:

But really having carroll would be useful in very tight games away from home, but another striker who can play wide should be the first priority, then someone like carroll if ashley is speding again

Agreed.