Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Honestly can't believe anyone thought he wouldn't come good.

You couldn't believe that people had no faith when the lad looked like a league one player in his first 15 games for the club? I never thought he'd turn the corner because at that point he looked like a shirker with poor discipline. He's en route to completely turning my opinion 360, good to see.

Always looks decent with a wide man given the job of protecting him. I'm worried we're not gonna see much of Hatem in his best position for that reason.

There's some truth to that but i think the main reason is he's not as crazy with his forward runs and is aware of the fact he needs to make sure he's in position when the opposition get the ball as he can't recover like he could in France.

:anguish: :anguish:

I must say, I thought he was jumped on very very early having shown some promise last season. To me, it's always looked clear he has ability, it was just whether he would be able to adapt to the league or not.

Fortunately it looks like he is.

Guest icemanblue

Excellent today. Love his commitment. Seems to be getting the hang of the league, and benefiting from having relatively defensive players in front of him.

His main weakness is 1 on 1 versus opponents winger.  You either let him exposed by playing Hatem or cover that by playing Gouffran or Sissoko.

To be honest, for the sake of the team, I hope it is Hatem who adapt to it.

What's that for like? That's my honest opinion. He's an energetic, positive fullback who we were (nearly) all ecstatic to sign. Then we did our usual thing of absolutely hammering him for a dip in form.

What's that for like? That's my honest opinion. He's an energetic, positive fullback who we were (nearly) all ecstatic to sign. Then we did our usual thing of absolutely hammering him for a dip in form.

A dip? He was a liability for a long period of time and almost 11 months later were finally seeing the kind of player we paid quite a lot for.

It's about fucking time a full French international FB in his peak years puts in these kind of performances, he should have been like this from near enough the start. He's not a kid and didn't deserve to be treated like one.

He was pretty poor last season and horrific over the first few games this season. He was rightfully slagged off.

Always looks decent with a wide man given the job of protecting him. I'm worried we're not gonna see much of Hatem in his best position for that reason.

Conversely, the positive performances in the last few matches may have increased his confidence to the point we don't have to shift the team to protect him. Anyway, he needs to keep going in this manner, as he's been a very useful player recently. Both of our fullbacks need to work on being consistently solid at the least. I think both of them have been quite good on an inconsistent basis, but you cannot afford to have days off when you are a defender.

A dip? He was a liability for a long period of time and almost 11 months later were finally seeing the kind of player we paid quite a lot for.

It's about f***ing time a full French international FB in his peak years puts in these kind of performances, he should have been like this from near enough the start. He's not a kid and didn't deserve to be treated like one.

He's not a child no, but the player was put in an unfortunate situation to try and adjust when he arrived last season. He and many other players who had never played in the country before were thrown into a team with no chemistry or confidence that frankly was teetering on the brink of collapse. The delay is understandable. The first few matches of this season were worrisome, but he has turned himself around since his collapse against Hull. Now we sit and look at what he can accomplish. There is no reason he can't be a big player for NUFC, but his weaknesses have been exposed before.

Excellent today. Love his commitment. Seems to be getting the hang of the league, and benefiting from having relatively defensive players in front of him.

Yeah I love his attitude. Real blood and thunder player which you wouldn't normally expect from a frenchie.

His commitment is what's kept me on his side during the indifferent performances. Even if he wasn't having a good game, he's always willing to get stuck in and won't give up. It's great to be seeing him put in the performances along with it now.

Matthieu Debuchy has been playing like brave heart for what seems like a month.

He's learning you have to be a tough bugger in this league and he's adapting very well. 

Think it's made a massive difference not having HBA in front of him.  The one time where someone jumped over Debuchy Siss took over and made the tackle.  That wouldn't happen with HBA

Only negative is that he always looks like he'll get a yellow. 

That through ball for the Sissoko chance, about an hour in, was one of the best passes we've made all season tbh. Won the ball brilliantly then absolutely perfectly weighted for Moussa to run onto.

Yeah, that was an inch perfect pass. Brilliant.

Also, I'm gonna go out and say it, I think he offers more both defensively and offensively than Santon.

At this moment in time, definitely. Whilst Debuchy is now playing as we expected him to, Santon just doesn't seem to be making progress for me at all. At best he's been unnoticeable lately because he doesn't contribute much but doesn't make any clangers either. He needs to improve for me, or it's time to give Dummett or Haidara a run in the side to see what they can offer.

That through ball for the Sissoko chance, about an hour in, was one of the best passes we've made all season tbh. Won the ball brilliantly then absolutely perfectly weighted for Moussa to run onto.

:thup: Something Simspson could've never done. Both the tackle high up the pitch and the pass.