Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

If Debuchy was better at dealing with 'being exposed' we'd have seen more of HBA this season. And now they're leaving in the same window. f***ing typical, like.

Don't think that has anything to do with it tbh, even when Debuchy was injured Ben Arfa still hardly played at all.

Well, yeah, because the replacements were even worse in that respect. :lol:

If Debuchy was better at dealing with 'being exposed' we'd have seen more of HBA this season. And now they're leaving in the same window. f***ing typical, like.

Don't think that has anything to do with it tbh, even when Debuchy was injured Ben Arfa still hardly played at all.

Well, yeah, because the replacements were even worse in that respect. :lol:

Wtf is this 'being exposed'? Fair enough when he arrived he was caught out a lot, start of the season maybe as well, since then he's grown into a top defender. Blaming him for Ben Arfa being out is crazy, he's no more 'exposed' than any other RB in the league.

His weakness is very much one-on-one situations and it's been evident throughout the season.

He's a RB, any RB in the world will have to deal with them situations. He's not as bad as you make him out to be at them. In fact there's very few in the league i'd actually swap him for. To think we should even consider who is ahead of him simply to help in this 'one on one' situation is ludicrous.

Says the bloke who vigorously supported the bloke promoting that very philosophy. :lol:

Debuchy's a good player. I just think if we'd got a defender less effective going forward and more effective defensively there'd have been less of a reluctance to start Ben Arfa in his rightful position on the RW.

Says the bloke who vigorously supported the bloke promoting that very philosophy. :lol:

Debuchy's a good player. I just think if we'd got a defender less effective going forward and more effective defensively there'd have been less of a reluctance to start Ben Arfa in his rightful position on the RW.

Erm you're the one with reservations about Mbiwa, yet loves hard man Taylor instead of him. Now here you are having the audacity to pick out Debuchy faults for an excuse to why HBA doesn't play as much.

So who is your RB replacement for Debuchy then? (to let Ben Arfa play)

Guest bimpy474

There's not a reason in the world Ben Arfa shouldn't have started, other than Pardew being a gutless fraud who has no idea how to attack teams. And as soon as that got clearer and clearer the scumbag picked out Hatem as his scapegoat when results were going south, and showed himself to be the coward we all now see.

It's Pardew, no more, no less, It's him.

There's not a reason in the world Ben Arfa shouldn't have started, other than Pardew being a gutless fraud who has no idea how to attack teams. And as soon as that got clearer and clearer the scumbag picked out Hatem as his scapegoat when results were going south, and showed himself to be the coward we all now see.

I lost my final straw after the scapegoat HBA sub away at Southampton. I absolutely love ben arfa, I think he's problematic, I think he has issues, I think he's difficult to manage but no way  in hell does he deserve the way he's been treated this season. It's been on the very verge of bullying by Pardew, deliberately putting him out in the spotlight then picking on him at the first chance he got.

Debuchy entering calculations to why HBA has been dropped is mind boggling.

Erm you're the one with reservations about Mbiwa, yet loves hard man Taylor instead of him.

Yeah, that's why I've spent the last year advocating a solid, physical CB signing like Shawcross that we can pair with Mbiwa. Quality nonsense as per. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

I lost my final straw after the scapegoat HBA sub away at Southampton. I absolutely love ben arfa, I think he's problematic, I think he has issues, I think he's difficult to manage but no way  in hell does he deserve the way he's been treated this season. It's been on the very verge of bullying by Pardew, deliberately putting him out in the spotlight then picking on him at the first chance he got.

Debuchy entering calculations to why HBA has been dropped is mind boggling.

I went before that game, but the Tottenham game really wound me up, Marv and Hatem being blamed when i've watched the time those two were on the pitch a couple of times and neither did anything wrong at all.

It really sums up how much of a coward Pardew is, and why the chant 'it's never your fault' is so apt.

Erm you're the one with reservations about Mbiwa, yet loves hard man Taylor instead of him.

Yeah, that's why I've spent the last year advocating a solid, physical CB signing like Shawcross that we can pair with Mbiwa. Quality nonsense as per. :thup:

Colo/Mbiwa...Colo/Taylor...? Colo is here to stay and will be captain. You would prefer your lover Taylor rather than stick by the class of Mbiwa and watch him and Colo work towards a partnership together. Obviously you would sell Colo as you hate him...even though he was still far and way the best CB at Anfield recently with the other two plonkers beside him.

Well I wouldn't sell Colo, actually. Nobody has ever wanted to buy him for a start. Do I want us to move past him and invest in a younger, more solid CB pairing including MYM? Yes, absolutely.

The rest of the post is like you, not worth bothering to acknowledge.

Well I wouldn't sell Colo, actually. Nobody has ever wanted to buy him for a start. Do I want us to move past him and invest in a younger, more solid CB pairing including MYM? Yes, absolutely.

The rest of the post is like you, not worth bothering to acknowledge.

Cmon, Ron...we all know you have some sort of vendetta towards Colo, always so quick to criticise him.

I agree MYM/New Signing...however if no signing came in, still firm believer Colo/MYM should be given time to adapt and adjust their game and gel together regardless of height or strength, both are class acts and for me capable of forming a good partnership.

I was practically Colo's biggest fan on here before we signed him and during his first 4 seasons or so. I've nowt against him other than he's significantly declined as a defender physically and otherwise, and the fact he's an awful captain.

Guest neesy111

Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson is the best partnership we have, they complement each other better than the other partnerships.

Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson is the best partnership we have, they complement each other better than the other partnerships.

I know this is a bit off thread topic but...do you not think Colo/MYM should be given more of a an opportunity to develop a partnership? Obviously their styles are a million miles away from a match made in heaven but they are both class acts and I just feel like a lot of Pardew's decision making this season, I think it seems rash and negative not to give these two a run in the side.

Pardew has made Mym his defensive scapegoat and always seems wary of playing him for one reason or another. When he plays him at fullback and if he's had a bad day at the office, he's one of the first mentioned for the blame. I really feel for the lad as he came here with such expectations along with a high reputation and he's been made to look like a clown.

On the opposite side of this, when Debuchy was having a torrid time when he first arrived, Pardew backed him 110 percent and never took him out the firing line. Praising him in interviews when he could and it's paid dividends. Shame he can't show this sort of support for more in the group.

A back four of Santon, Yanga Mbiwa, Colo and Debuchy would be pretty useful under competent management. Unfortunately we've got someone who extracts talent out of players and is hellbent on swapping left backs with 30 minutes to go every game.

Yanga Mbiwa is more than good enough and imo should be in ahead of Williamson, as well as he's played.

Guest neesy111

Pretty strange how many mistakes get forgotten come the end of the season if it's a fan favourite making them, like.

Who are you referring to here? Colo/Mbiwa?...Debuchy?

Santon?

Coloccini isn't even the leader of the back four (that would be Williamson), so how the fuck they can justify him having the armband is fucking mental.

As much as I still don't like him much, Tiote should probably have the captain's armband for now.