Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

It's pretty obvious we shop in France and tell the players that we can be a great stepping stone for them to play for one of the CL teams. Every player has a price and they all will have an informal agreement with the club on when and to who they can be sold to imo

And so the exodus begins! I'm not surprised Debuchy is feeling disillusioned ATM after we've just sold our best player, publicly announced we have no interest in competing for ANYTHING and spent half of fuck all over two transfer windows. I should expect that not only are there a fair few players less than happy with that sentiment but it will affect our ability to entice players to the club except journeymen.

I seriously fear for the amount of players we could potentially lose this summer under different circumstances and even if we refuse to sell some to prevent the potential damage to the club I imagine they would be so disillusioned with the club that they'll not be much use to us anyway. It's clear this train of thought is already rife throughout the squad.

Ashley is not about to fund the kind of transfer kitty required to rebuild an already ravaged squad and he won't get the bargains he so richly desires as we'll be held to ransom knowing we need this signings.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic and the reality isn't that bad, but it's definitely not a healthy state of affairs we find ourselves in right now and it COULD potentially get much morse.

Guest bimpy474

Realistically this summer we could see the following leave

Shola

Marveaux

Remy

De Jong

Cisse

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Colocinni

Debuchy

Jesus....we'll probably replace 2 of them at best

Adding Cabaye to that list, if you say it was from the start of this season. That is one scary thing.

Realistically this summer we could see the following leave

Shola - no one wants him to stay

Marveaux - Has no place in a Pardew team

Remy - Has already hinted he doesn't want to stay

De Jong - Most likely to stay, depends on the rest of the season

Cisse - Has completely lost it here, is being touted everywhere!

Gutierrez - No future here now

Ben Arfa - Pardew DOESN'T WANT HIM!?!?!

Colocinni - Not sure where his heads at these days?

Debuchy - Already showing unrest

Jesus....we'll probably replace 2 of them at best

Looking at that, if Pardew is still here we can look to keep 3 of those at best, that doesn't make good reading!!

If this was a few years ago I'd have sided with the club. Hell, summer even. But look at what's transpired? I used to get sick of player talking like this, ESP when it seemed like we had a plan or were building to something. But we're not; and I hate this regime in charge of Newcastle United so much I don't blame any of the players who seem a bit lost man.

Remy we didn't pay for and he isn't even ours, so that doesn't really count IMO. Cisse fair enough. Anyway there have been far more players we've 'tried' to get and then never gone back for.

De Jong is the other one that springs to mind. Appreciate that he and Remy are loans but it proves that the owner is not too principled to go back and revise deals/interest.

Remy we didn't pay for and he isn't even ours, so that doesn't really count IMO. Cisse fair enough. Anyway there have been far more players we've 'tried' to get and then never gone back for.

I'd say that there isn't really a pattern when it comes to returning to players or not, it's the same "strategy" as with new targets; can we get them on the cheap we will, if not we'll look elsewhere/not bother.

The summer could be a car crash.  I have a feeling the players don't trust the manager and board over anything currently.

This. Could be nail in coffin for many supporters like.

I still think we'll end up bottom 5/6 this season. Next year could well be a fucking disaster without significant change beforehand.

Toxic atmosphere around the place now and I don't see that changing any time soon.

De Jong is the other one that springs to mind. Appreciate that he and Remy are loans but it proves that the owner is not too principled to go back and revise deals/interest.

...when there's money to be made. :(

...when there's money to be made. :(

Oh absolutely. There's no morals in profit is the philosophy clearly being applied.

If we rate them, if they're cheap enough and the potential/likely sell-on fee is big enough then we'll most likely be in for them regardless of who they play for.

Fitting them into a team, addressing a need and sculpting a cohesive XI comes a very poor second to making money. That's the priority, buy em' low and sell 'em high and fuck the team whilst we're doing it. That should be the new club motto, anyone know Latin? 

If we rate them, if they're cheap enough and the potential/likely sell-on fee is big enough then we'll most likely be in for them regardless of who they play for.

Fitting them into a team, addressing a need and sculpting a cohesive XI comes a very poor second to making money. That's the priority, buy em' low and sell 'em high and fuck the team whilst we're doing it. That should be the new club motto, anyone know Latin? 

Think the exact translation would be 'they cometh cheapeth and depart for loadseth'.

It's basically up to Remy, Tiote, Colo and Krul IMO. The spine of our team if you will. I'd have thrown a /MYM for Colo but of course Saylor has taken that position.

If Remy gets us the goals (added plus is he gets LDJ in gear) and Tiote and Colo last in the 12 matches remaining, we'll pick up points. 

wish cabaye had made some kind of statement about nufc lacking any kind of ambition hence his decision to leave

I was hoping and waiting for that but clearly the man has shown some tact in his departure. I'm sure how he acted post-Arsenal-bid weighed on his mind, so he just kept his mouth shut.