Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I don't know how anyone can have a go at any of our players for wanting to leave, especially those who are actually decent and want to play in Europe.

True but then you got to question why they came in the first place.

More money probably but I bet they were sold a vision of the club that simply doesn't exist. We're (publically pushing the agenda that we're) aming for x,y and z but really we're happy to simply exist in the PL. Fuck your dreams and ambitions.

I don't know how anyone can have a go at any of our players for wanting to leave, especially those who are actually decent and want to play in Europe.

More money probably but I bet they were sold a vision of the club that simply doesn't exist. We're (publically pushing the agenda that we're) aming for x,y and z but really we're happy to simply exist in the PL. f*** your dreams and ambitions.

Yeh I do recall Cabaye mentioning something about Pardew wanting to play the game the right way or something of those lines when he joined.

:pardsgrin:

Guest thenorthumbrian

More money probably but I bet they were sold a vision of the club that simply doesn't exist. We're (publically pushing the agenda that we're) aming for x,y and z but really we're happy to simply exist in the PL. f*** your dreams and ambitions.

Yeh I do recall Cabaye mentioning something about Pardew wanting to play the game the right way or something of those lines when he joined.

:pardsgrin:

He soon learned the truth. 

The thing is though, that's exactly how Cabaye, Mbiwa, Debuchy & Sissoko would have viewed us anyway. Stepping stone to showcase their ability then move on.

your answer dear boy  :snod:

Guest neesy111

Beye was very good 07/08 but had an awful 08/09 and never looked the same after the injuries he had.

Guest firetotheworks

Beye is still the best all-round that I've seen, even if it was just for one season. Defensively he was a lot better than Debuchy and he was still pretty good going forward, if not quite as good as Debuchy.

Should never have jettisoned Aaron Hughes no frills but one of the most dependable and reliable defenders I've seen. Could have stayed here and become a hero if allowed.

Yep - massively underrated player.  Would have done a very good job at centre half over the last however many years.

Should never have jettisoned Aaron Hughes no frills but one of the most dependable and reliable defenders I've seen. Could have stayed here and become a hero if allowed.

Yep - I said that when the Scottish clown sold him for £1 million NINE years ago!

Guest Roger Kint

Yep - I said that when the Scottish clown sold him for £1 million NINE years ago!

:thup: Such a meaningless fee for what he offered us across four positions

Hughes was a decent squad player, and it was silly to get rid of him, but I'd have never put him in my strongest lineup at any time back when he played for us. He's not on the same level as Debuchy and Beye IMO.

Guest Roger Kint

Hughes was a decent squad player, and it was silly to get rid of him, but I'd have never put him in my strongest lineup at any time back when he played for us. He's not on the same level as Debuchy and Beye IMO.

Nobody said he was ffs :lol:

Nobody said he was ffs :lol:

I didn't say anyone said he was... ffs :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Well - bearing in mind he has been playing as a centre half for the last 7 years or so, I am not sure why we would compare him to right backs anyway?

This. Was a pointless thing to say really :lol:

Well - bearing in mind he has been playing as a centre half for the last 7 years or so, I am not sure why we would compare him to right backs anyway?

This. Was a pointless thing to say really :lol:

Hold on a minute, he played at right back for us, amongst other positions and his name was mentioned in a thread about our current right back. Do you seriously not see why people would voice an opinion over a comparison? Your "I'm going to mock your opinion :lol: " comments are pointless if anything.

Debuchy is very good, but in my opinion, Irving Nattrass was a better defender and could certainly play in more positions. Going even further back, David Craig was a really excellent RB and also better in defence than Debuchy.