Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Cabaye had a very good first season.  As Ian W says room for improvement but he will only get better.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing him in a more advanced role this season, loved it when he was at the head of the midfield three.  Was able to battle and create in equal measure.

I think Cabaye was very consistent last season. He had a bad streak when the team was having a bad streak as well, but to call him too hit and miss is bullshit.

More hit than miss but his form dipped for a while. He seemed to get lost in midfield some games.

Demba's goals basically papered over a lot of cracks in the team for 6 months.

I think Cabaye was very consistent last season. He had a bad streak when the team was having a bad streak as well, but to call him too hit and miss is bullshit.

On the contrary I think he was very inconsistent. Too many games which he failed to influence, but he more than made up for it in the games where he was dominant.

Guest firetotheworks

On the contrary I think he was very inconsistent. Too many games which he failed to influence, but he more than made up for it in the games where he was dominant.

If he's more than made up for it then why were there too many games?

How are you supposed to influence a game when there is no one there for the taking. Cabaye ran his ass off every single game for this club last season, he tried the hardest, sure he had bad games, but there is no way he was inconsistent. He and Tiote were usually two-man midfield and dominated some three-men midfield during the season.  His position also makes it hard for him to have a good game if there is no movement infront of him or players able to play football (like many times with Obertan on the right)

Sooooooooon hopefully, will be absolutely over the moon with this if it comes off. Brilliant player! Very much a true winner as well, rarely injured and his consistency when it comes to performances is good.

It's bound to be linked to the Simpson deal. Once we know we've got a buyer for Simpson, we will wrap up a deal for a right back, hopefully Debuchy.

Can't be a coincidence SSN broke this story at the same time as Reading are in for Simpson.

It's bound to be linked to the Simpson deal. Once we know we've got a buyer for Simpson, we will wrap up a deal for a right back, hopefully Debuchy.

Can't be a coincidence SSN broke this story at the same time as Reading are in for Simpson.

And the same time Lille have bought a RB....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/262091/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-in-7m-swoop-for-Lille-defender-Mathieu-Debuchy/

NEWCASTLE are set to seal a £7.5m move for France full-back Mathieu Debuchy.

Boss Alan Pardew will part-finance the deal by offloading unsettled defender Danny Simpson to Reading for £2m.

Lille right-back Debuchy has been on Pardew’s radar for the past 12 months and the Toon boss is delighted to have finally landed his main summer target.

The Geordies have used Debuchy’s international team-mate Yohan Cabaye to help persuade the 26-year-old to ignore interest from Italy and move to Newcastle.

After agreeing a fee with Lille at the third time of asking, the Toon are thrashing out personal terms on a four-year deal worth in the region of £40,000 a week for their new arrival.

Debuchy will add to the growing French foreign legion on Tyneside when he becomes their third summer signing, following on from compatriot Romain Amalfitano and former Coventry teenager Gael Bigirimana.

Lille hoped to persuade him to remain in France for another 12 months with a lucrative extension to his contract.

But he is now set to join Newcastle after deciding it’s time to follow his close friend Cabaye to the Premier League.

They even eat together.  :aww:

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/football/diaporamas/la-vie-des-bleus-a-kirsha/yohan-cabaye-et-mathieu-debuchy/13368260-1-fre-FR/Yohan-Cabaye-et-Mathieu-Debuchy_full_diapos_large.jpg