Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Wait, Heskey has left? aw man

Cuellar and Heskey both played their last games yesterday. During the match - hundreds dressed in Cuellar wigs, masks and t shirts, after, Cuellar spends half an hour with the fans, giving out shirts, having photos taken etc.

Heskey - apart from a few choruses of "he's Emile Heskey, he scores when he wants" which were entirely taking the p*ss, obv, everyone relieved to see the back of him.

Nailed on for Sunderland methinks

Wouldn't put it past O'Neill to sign Heskey either

I hope Cuellar goes somewhere better than Sunderland, but I hope Heskey gets a 5 year deal there.

I bet he does wind up there, too.

cuellar,heskey,davies,park and carrick.....bring it on. ;D

Great news for Villa (and brummie :)). It was always going to go wrong really. Everyone who knew something about football just knew it was an atrocious idea to appoint McLeish.

If you hope he ends up somewhere better than mackems, why is not staying? Wages? Paycut an option?

I reckon he was on big, big money, plus this is the last decent deal of his career (he's 31).

i don't want him to go to Sunderland, as he'll end up playing RB all the time again, and he's miles better as a CB.

I wonder if Craig Gardener gets dumped at RB all the time at Sunderland like he did for us for a season. I bet he was gutted to see pubehead rock up there.

I know I've said this before, but I am no modern football "OMG SACK HIM I WANT THE LEAGUE TITLE NOW 11!!!111!!!" type, and I'm not one for massive exaggeration, but I went to my first Villa match in 1973. and have been a season ticket holder for most of the time since then, and done the whole home and away all the time thing, too.

I can recall plenty of shit Villa sides. 1986-7, our last relegation, was a dreadful side with a truly shit manager who didn't care. That was a terrible year.

However, I can't really recall a single season since 1973 when we looked so anti football, so spineless, and so utterly free of ambition, compared to this season just finished.

And that is why there is such unanimity amongst our fans on this bloke getting the chop, and is why i am so very, very happy again now.

And on that bombshell, I am off to drink several pints of lovely beer and smile a lot.

Guest BooBoo

Villa are just a club in bottom half purgatory. Very hard to get out of as the culture just gets stuck in the club. In need of very dramatic change. They might tread water for a couple of seasons with an alright manager but it will go downhill again.

True. Get the next appointment wrong and they could quite easily go down. McLeish was a bad appointment but their squad is awful and in dire need of a lot of investment.

Villa are just a club in bottom half purgatory. Very hard to get out of as the culture just gets stuck in the club. In need of very dramatic change. They might tread water for a couple of seasons with an alright manager but it will go downhill again.

True. Get the next appointment wrong and they could quite easily go down. McLeish was a bad appointment but their squad is awful and in dire need of a lot of investment.

wise investment more than a lot.

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

Candidates i'd be happy with,in order. 1.Lambert 2.Bielsa(never going to happen) 3.Rodgers 4>Hughton 4>Sami Hypia 6.John Gregory

The voice of the Villa fans has spoken of his preferred manager.

Just checked up on John Gregory, he's spent the last 3 years managing in Israel and Kazakhstan. :lol:

Collymore's mental.

Collymore has quite clearly not got a fucking clue.

The last former manager Villa fans would want back after a season of McLeish football would be Gregory, who fell back on football not much better far too often as well.

Just checked up on John Gregory, he's spent the last 3 years managing in Israel and Kazakhstan. :lol:

Collymore's mental.

The last former manager Villa fans would want back after a season of McLeish football would be Gregory, who fell back on football not much better far too often as well.

I think Collymore was taking the piss you divvies :lol:

Collymore's mental.

I think Collymore was taking the piss you divvies :lol:

I bet he wasn't.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Martinez would be the ideal man if I was a villian. But him and whelan have a love affair so not gonna happen i dont think. Lambert or rodgers would be other good choices. Rodgers, like martinez, has a good football philosiphy.

If I was a villa fan this would be my ranking of mangers I want

1. Martinez

2. Rodgers

3. Lambert