Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Highly analytical scouting based on 90 mins of a kickabout it is then  :yao:

It's ok to not have an opinion sometimes fwiw.

Highly analytical scouting ffs. No need to have a go at someone expressing their first impressions of a player we recently signed.

Who was I initially having a go at? I said I couldn't understand how people do it, which is STILL my point.

I'm all for reserving final judgement until you've seen more (sometimes you can revise your opinion after years, like in the case of Perch), but there's nothing that has been said that classifies as a "wide ranging conclusion". You're making yourself look like an idiot with these comments, unless you have never expressed an opinion about anything, in which case it begs the question what you are doing on an internet forum really.

You commented on at least 5 different areas of his game based on an hour in a friendly. You're still missing my point of course, but why let that stop a boring argument?

This is what I said:

Seems reasonably fast and quite strong for his age and size. I don't think he will ever be an effective threat in the air though, but he is a combative, tenacious little player who keeps a team ticking over by keeping possession (likes to play the simple ball instead of the Hollywood cross). You know who he reminds me off actually in the way he played today: Vurnon Anita!

Hardly any cast in stone conclusions that's he's the next Vierra then, is it?

Oh, and didn't you start this argument?  :jesuswept:

I'm all for reserving final judgement until you've seen more (sometimes you can revise your opinion after years, like in the case of Perch), but there's nothing that has been said that classifies as a "wide ranging conclusion". You're making yourself look like an idiot with these comments, unless you have never expressed an opinion about anything, in which case it begs the question what you are doing on an internet forum really.

You commented on at least 5 different areas of his game based on an hour in a friendly. You're still missing my point of course, but why let that stop a boring argument?

This is what I said:

Seems reasonably fast and quite strong for his age and size. I don't think he will ever be an effective threat in the air though, but he is a combative, tenacious little player who keeps a team ticking over by keeping possession (likes to play the simple ball instead of the Hollywood cross). You know who he reminds me off actually in the way he played today: Vurnon Anita!

FFS. Comparing him to Viera now? Cringeworthy.

This is what I said:

:lol: You made so many judgements based on so little that it was impossible to not post a sarcastic remark tbf.

Demba Ba made Shola look like Leo Messi in his preseason friendly performances last year.

He turned out to be pretty decent.

Friendlies - especially ones this early - show very very little.  If you see flashes of something you like in a player, great, but know that what you saw is hardly representative of what will happen in competitive fixtures.

Who's Vierra?  Is he any good?

Only seen him a couple of times in pre-season. He looks like a good header of the ball, likes to spray it out wide, not physical but energetic and composed. Possibly the next Guy Ipoua. 

Early days yet though and I am loathe to draw wild conclusions.

Catts for me like.

Only seen him a couple of times in pre-season. He looks like a good header of the ball, likes to spray it out wide, not physical but energetic and composed. Possibly the next Guy Ipoua. 

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Seeing as all his teammates are now calling him "Bigi" as well as a lot of us, should the thread title now be......Gael "Bigi" Bigirimana...?