Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

my cov mate "He's pretty average mate. Defo not the wonder kid the media have labelled him as - he struggled to get in our side! You've got the little runt for 5 years too..."

my cov mate "He's pretty average mate. Defo not the wonder kid the media have labelled him as - he struggled to get in our side! You've got the little runt for 5 years too..."

Rewind 11 years and you've got how Coventry fans rated Craig Bellamy tbf.

Rewind 11 years and you've got how Coventry fans rated Craig Bellamy tbf.

An 18 year-old struggling to get into a Championship side is nothing to be worried about.

there's still the odd fan that will tell you hba doesnt work hard enough too.

Going by MW's mate the whole Mackems hating Coventry thing is becoming clear..... they seem to be quite a like and very bitter :lol:

I live near Coventry and most the of their fans I know can barely be bothered to go anymore. Been nothing but misery for them since they got relegated from the premiership and getting a new stadium on the outskirts of the city rather than in the center had an impact on attendances. Plus the fact they don't own the new stadium either. So nothing really positive for their fans going forward.

Going by MW's mate the whole Mackems hating Coventry thing is becoming clear..... they seem to be quite a like and very bitter :lol:

I live near Coventry and most the of their fans I know can barely be bothered to go anymore. Been nothing but misery for them since they got relegated from the premiership and getting a new stadium on the outskirts of the city rather than in the center had an impact on attendances. Plus the fact they don't own the new stadium either. So nothing really positive for their fans going forward.

I have family in Coventry or nearby to be precise and have been told about all the problems they seem to be going through although i cant possibly understand it fully.

I do understand how they feel they cant be bothered anymore but that is really what being a fan is all about sticking through it no matter the outcome.

I'd like to see them back at the top level or atleast contending to be there at some point, i used to like them as a kid.

I've seen the lad play around 9 times and these are the things I've noticed; he's an attacking midfielder, not a Tiote-type destroyer as he doesn't seem to possess the physical attributes needed for this role (has a tendency to mistime tackles as well). Not particularly speedy or strong , he does demonstrate good skills on the ball and is a very good passer. Obviously the lad has time on his side, but calls for him to be in the running for first-team football next season are a tad optimistic unless he significantly improves. Cool hair though, i'll give him that.

A Coventry fan at a swedish forum wrote this about "Bigi" (just translated in google), very positive I would say, in contrast to this above.

Congratulations on your purchase of Bigi greatest talent I have ever seen in Cov and I have been following them since 1986, English-A squad in 3 years.

With the high quality that are around him in Newcastle, he would be able to go straight into the starting line-up ... so good is he, that was a bit worse with the quality around him in Cov and he was sometimes take a huge load.

Funny is that he is extremely god fruity and pray on their knees in the center circle before and after each match, he got the award as the best apprentice in the championship blah for his contribution to children within the church, no tavern fights to be expected in other words .. a real hyvens boy;)

good luck

Guest BooBoo

I dont mean to go nuts or anything but the lad's attributes as a player more makes me think of Yaya Toure than Tiote or Essien if i'm honest.

Easy now.

Guest MrSundlofer

I dont mean to go nuts or anything but the lad's attributes as a player more makes me think of Yaya Toure than Tiote or Essien if i'm honest.

Have you seen him play?

Have you seen him play?

No just the way people have speaking about him.... his style sounds more like Toure than Essien or Tiote.... not for one second he will be anywhere near as good as any of them but in style his game seems to represent more of Yaya than any other big name player i can think of. ( from what i read anyway)

Not as eloquent as the last post, but another Cov fan on a different forum wrote:

"He's a composed ball player, very much someone who looks to keep possession and 'dictate the tempo'. He's pretty short and lacking in strength and is still very raw in places but he's got very good technical talent and can play in any position really though he is a CM. He's got a great attitude and is a very hard worker, is always smiling and everyone claims he's really hard not to like and he's a devout Christian who does lots of work in the community. He needs a fair bit of polishing and I don't think he's near good enough to start in the prem yet but he's very much a diamond in the rough. "