Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Interesting to see how his play contrasts with Abeid, who we were grooming as a DM. Could be wrong but seems like the two compliment each other with Mehdi more of a playmaker and Bigirimana sweeping up?

Sweeping up? What? Just because he's black? Fuck me man he's come to play football not be used as a slave.

Sorry lads just found out from one of his good friends that he's gone and city didn't even put up a fight.

And on a seperate note, Coventry, Derby, Leicester and Forest are all struggling big time, what's going on there?

Their fans have realised how dull their clubs are. Talk about a list of average to poor midlands sides.

Have you ever been to a Coventry game? Their attendances aren't the best but the fans that do turn up are decent.

Interesting to see how his play contrasts with Abeid, who we were grooming as a DM. Could be wrong but seems like the two compliment each other with Mehdi more of a playmaker and Bigirimana sweeping up?

Sweeping up? What? Just because he's black? f*** me man he's come to play football not be used as a slave.

are you speaking as an oppressed victim or guilty abuser?

Sorry lads just found out from one of his good friends that he's gone and city didn't even put up a fight.

And on a seperate note, Coventry, Derby, Leicester and Forest are all struggling big time, what's going on there?

Their fans have realised how dull their clubs are. Talk about a list of average to poor midlands sides.

Have you ever been to a Coventry game? Their attendances aren't the best but the fans that do turn up are decent.

Not all.

Not all.

i've always found coventry fans ok. them villa and west brom are the pick of the midlands. wolves, brum, leicester, forest being twats.

Not all.

i've always found coventry fans ok. them villa and west brom are the pick of the midlands. wolves, brum, leicester, forest being twats.

Like all clubs they have their good and idiot section.

Not all.

Like all clubs they have their good and idiot section.

no doubt, never had any bother in coventry (4 trips) compared to the likes of brum, been twice, had bother about 8times.

Sweeping up? What? Just because he's black? Fuck me man he's come to play football not be used as a slave.

Funny as fuck you like.

Hope we get this deal over the line.

I think this is the kind of player we should also be adding to the squad.

Young, raw but with potential, will hopefully be a good addition.

A few years in and around the first team squad can do him no harm at all.

Have you actually seen him though, can't say I have other than what I've read online.

I'm mostly excited about the prospect of him because he's young and could be molded into whatever we need, DM, AM etc.

Really do hope we get him in now.

NEWCASTLE United are set to clinch the signing of promising Coventry City youngster Gael Bigirimana in the next few days – and set him the challenge of breaking into the first team next season.

The 18-year-old midfielder (pictured right), who was born in Burundi and moved to the UK as a refugee, was at Newcastle’s training ground yesterday after being given permission to speak to the Magpies.

The deal is at an advanced stage and United hope to wrap it up in time for Bigirimana to travel to United’s German training camp next week. He played 26 times for Coventry last season but has been signed to play in United’s development squad.

The Journal understands that Coventry value the player at around £500,000 – although the fee could rise to £1million based on appearances. Coventry are also sure to seek a sell-on clause for a player of considerable promise.

Signing for United would be the latest chapter in a fairytale professional career for Bigirimana. Moving to the UK from the war-torn African state of Burundi as a child, he spotted Coventry City’s Academy centre when he was sent out to buy milk at the age of 11. He asked for a trial and, impressed by his attitude, the Sky Blues took him up on his offer and signed him up for their youth team.

He said: “They asked if I had all the equipment, boots, shin pads and stuff like that. I said ‘yes’ but I did not. They said they saw me running fast but to tell you the truth I was jogging.

“The next day they gave me a trial. It was near the end of the season but they took me on for the following campaign. It must have been a miracle.”

His attitude is positive enough for Bigirimana to be named the Football League apprentice of the year in 2011 – and he impressed Coventry’s manager Andy Thorn with both his ability and application in his first season in the first team.

Although primarily deployed in a deep-lying midfield role, he has a good passing range and is expected to develop into a creative playmaker as his career moves on.

Bigirimana is the first of several recruits for the development squad this summer, with United still trying to hammer out a deal to bring Australian defender Curtis Good to the club.

There was further good news for United yesterday as promising James Tavernier signed a three-year deal to continue his career at St James’ Park.

The hotly-tipped 20-year-old, who impressed on loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons last year, is aiming to get first team opportunities on Tyneside next term.

“It’s a massive year and it’s just about getting really at it from the start – from now – because my main aim is to really push on and get in this team next year,” he told the club’s official website.

“There’s obviously going to be more chances for all the young lads that are coming through so it is obviously a big step where we maybe can play in those games and make an impact.”

Demba Ba has been linked, once again, with Liverpool and Manchester United but moved to dampen the speculation on his Twitter page.

Before returning to training he posted a message that read: “So much stuff about me lately. Rumours are rumours! Just forget about it.”

However it remains likely that Danny Simpson will leave before the start of the season, with Reading boss Brian McDermott admitting he is a fan of the Newcastle right-back.

Danny Guthrie, who has recently signed for Reading, mischievously posted a message on his Twitter account calling for the Royals to sign the Newcastle

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/07/06/gael-bigirimana-expected-to-join-newcastle-united-61634-31335325/#ixzz1zpA2gGJe

Nothing new.