Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

There were a few news stories a while ago saying we weren't happy about the quality of our development squad so we were lettings loads go and had set a seperate budget for bringing in some young talent to fill it up.  I assume this story to be true and this is what we're doing.

We do have some promising youngster in there now (if these lads sign) with Tavernier, Vuckic, Sammy, Good, Abeid, Bigirimana, Inman (?) and Ferguson all likely to be on the fringes of the first team next season. I don't expect all to make it but I think that's a fair pool of talent.

Then below that we have Satka, Hooper, Streete and Campbell who have all been talked about in very promising terms.

Wiki:

On 12 March 2012, Bigirimana won the Championship's Apprentice of the Year Award for the 2011–12 season. He beat off Crystal Palace's Jonathan Williams and Reading's Jordan Obita for the award.

:papiss:

I should get excited about good young players joining the club but because i know that they probably won't play alot in their first season i find it very difficult.

Amalfitano, Good and Bigi?

Could well be wrong but, at the moment, I don't see them improving our starting line-up.

Not saying they're hopeless, I'm sure they've got talent.

Probably not but it's pretty obvious we are looking for the RB, CB and Forward who can play wide to improve us and i see no reason why we wont get them over the line.

Don't take anything for granted when it comes to transfers, man. Any sort of complications could occur at any time. Even managers and directors are not that certain until it's all 100% completed.

If the transfer window ended I would be underwhelmed but as it stands we have signed a promising centre back, a very promising central midfielder (both for the future) and a highly rated attacking midfielder/forward who will need a little time to get settled in.

And how's that any different from the point that I was trying to raise?

I appreciate that the transfer window hasn't closed yet, hence why I said "at the moment".

You said you were underwhelmed, I am not underwhelmed in the slightest because I know we have signed a squad player and two fringe/youth players that all sound very promising.

I am fully confident we are going to sign 2 or 3 players who will be pushing a lot harder for a starting 11 position (especially right back) so imo there is no reason to feel underwhelmed at all ???

You said you were underwhelmed, I am not underwhelmed in the slightest because I know we have signed a squad player and two fringe/youth players that all sound very promising.

Fair enough. Signing good, young players is fine, but I was on about the starting line-up here.

I am fully confident we are going to sign 2 or 3 players who will be pushing a lot harder for a starting 11 position (especially right back) so imo there is no reason to feel underwhelmed at all

Don't know why you're THAT confident we'll get our no 1 targets. Anything could occur from now and then that would stop us from sealing the deals. We've already gone on a what it seems like a fruitless chase for De Jong. You don't know what could come-up with Debuchy, Douglas or Holliet. (Although I'm pretty confident we'll get at least one.)

Just not taking anything for granted in the transfer window. No one does. (Well, except Man City!)

Amalfitano, Good and Bigi?

Could well be wrong but, at the moment, I don't see them improving our starting line-up.

Not saying they're hopeless, I'm sure they've got talent.

Probably not but it's pretty obvious we are looking for the RB, CB and Forward who can play wide to improve us and i see no reason why we wont get them over the line.

Don't take anything for granted when it comes to transfers, man. Any sort of complications could occur at any time. Even managers and directors are not that certain until it's all 100% completed.

True, but i'm trying to remain confident lol i feel we will get the players we need to re-inforce the first eleven and the squad come September 1st and Simpson aside i don't see no one else leaving either.

Fair enough. Signing good, young players is fine, but I was on about the starting line-up here.

I am fully confident we are going to sign 2 or 3 players who will be pushing a lot harder for a starting 11 position (especially right back) so imo there is no reason to feel underwhelmed at all

Don't know why you're THAT confident we'll get our no 1 targets. Anything could occur from now and then that would stop us from sealing the deals. We've already gone on a what it seems like a fruitless chase for De Jong. You don't know what could come-up with Debuchy, Douglas or Holliet. (Although I'm pretty confident we'll get at least one.)

Just not taking anything for granted in the transfer window. No one does. (Well, except Man City!)

How many players did we apparently miss out on last summer? Erding, Gervinho, Matuidi, Gameiro, N'Zogbia, Long, Taylor, Sissoko, Maiga, Pieters, Barnetta, Roux etc...

Will we get all our first choice targets? No, I reckon we have already missed out on de Jong. I still have confidence we will get the players we need :dontknow:

BTW i don't think Hoilett has ever been a number 1 target as far as i can tell..... it seems Debuchy is the no 1 target for RB, De Jong for Forward, Douglas for CB and Anita for DM.

De Jong seems dead, but Debuchy and Douglas seems very probable and Anita is still possible too, i'm personally optimistic.

How many players did we apparently miss out on last summer? Erding, Gervinho, Matuidi, Gameiro, N'Zogbia, Long, Taylor, Sissoko, Maiga, Pieters, Barnetta, Roux etc...

Will we get all our first choice targets? No, I reckon we have already missed out on de Jong. I still have confidence we will get the players we need :dontknow:

And all I initially said was that our signings so far are not going, most likely, to improve our first eleven.

Is there anywhere where I implied that we wouldn't be getting any more first team players, Cajun?

I don't think so.

I was just facing the "facts".... as it stands.

Just because we finished 5th last season, doesn't mean that MA and DL can do no wrong all of the sudden. Had we finished 15th rather than 5th, we'd probably criticising the MA and DL right now.