Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Very much doubt Jonas will be dropped any time in the near future.

Rotation, i personally believe if we get the players mooted. I don't see us having a fixed line up, Jonas will play loads, as will Anita if he signs or anyone else.

Especially in the midfield area where with Anita's signing we would have a great deal of depth i think we will see lot's rotation.

Even if Jonas doesn't start every game i don't see his importance to be any less than last year, just the better we do the more matches we play and the more rotation there is likely to be.

Also have to consider Injuries, suspensions which will blatantly come up, also you wont see people like Ba out on his feet come the end of the season like last season.

All this hope, all this renewed excitement, all the fantastic feelings inside........why do i feel like a massive kick in love spuds is right around the corner.

because there always is one around the corner, its nufc after all

All this hope, all this renewed excitement, all the fantastic feelings inside........why do i feel like a massive kick in love spuds is right around the corner.

Sad but true... :(

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we get Anita I think Guti will be eased out of the team. See him being a sub by the end of the season.

Disagree

AP loves the workrate Jonas gives us. It will take a 'worldy' to take his place

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wonder where Sky got this from BTW. There's nothing in the Dutch media as far as I can gather, and the biggest ajax fansites are not reporting anything of the sort.

Dirty dealings?

Guest bimpy474

We never learn do we..?:lol:

We simply cant can we :D

Depressingly spot on but hope is wonderful thing....:)

Guest bimpy474

Yeah i feel like we are going to sign Carroll as well. :angry:

:D more like a smack in the jaw....

a wonderful thing until it all crashes down and the harshness of reality hits you.

So give up all hope

Wonder where Sky got this from BTW. There's nothing in the Dutch media as far as I can gather, and the biggest ajax fansites are not reporting anything of the sort.

Dirty dealings?

What was reported in the Dutch media is Anita had a face-off meeting with Overmars recently and has apparently argued he wants a new contract or a transfer fee for which Ajax would be willing to let him go. Maybe Skysports got the wrong end of the stick?

Guest bimpy474

a wonderful thing until it all crashes down and the harshness of reality hits you.

So give up all hope

Not just yet, i'm holding on to the hope that Ashley has got the bug again....or at least will carry on as we have been for the last 2 years or so.

If we get Anita I think Guti will be eased out of the team. See him being a sub by the end of the season.

Expensive sub considering we gave him a spanking new contract that'll see him through to retirement.

If we get three new players I'll be surprised tbh, If nobody leaves I expect one or two decent signings now the last round of youth players have a bit of a make or break season coming up.

Guest bimpy474

He is an important member of the squad, deserved his contract. Doesn't mean he deserves to start.

Totally agree, i would say that about all 11 places, every place has to be earnt and then kept by playing well.

There'll be loads of opportunity for rotation and don't think Jonas is one to get his ego hurt. He'll get plenty of minutes, and can't think of a player to have on the bench who can come on in all kinds of situations, jonas go into midfield to shore up! Jonas go on wing attack! Don't see the issue.

Guest BooBoo

In all seriousness, why would any player join Sunderland at the moment.

Epitome of a club bound for nowhere.