Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He's a quality player when in any kind of form.

He's generally been good at full back but his "form" in midfield was about one canny game a season

As you probably know I think he's a good midfielder, but it's pointless having that debate now!

Very good defensively, but most importantly his distribution from RB was very good. Great to have him back in form after his injury. If only our LB could handle a football at his feet.

Guest neesy111

Defensively I still think he's better than Yedlin, though Yedlin is the long term option we want for RB.

:thup:

Yedlin and Anita aren't world beaters or anything but I'd be happy to go into the PL season (hopefully that's where we'll be) with these two as RB choices. So many other areas of the team/squad that should be much more of a priority.

:thup:

Yedlin and Anita aren't world beaters or anything but I'd be happy to go into the PL season (hopefully that's where we'll be) with these two as RB choices. So many other areas of the team/squad that should be much more of a priority.

Unless we could nab a top quality bargain, I wouldn't look to upgrade this summer. CB, CM, AM,LM,  ST, then another CB, LB.

Yedlin is more than good enough to start for us in the PL. Anita probably as well, although some games he will get exposed because of his size.

Agreed

Right back isnt our majority concern for next  year, a left back and centre back is priority

Yedlin is more than good enough to start for us in the PL. Anita probably as well, although some games he will get exposed because of his size.

Based on what? :lol:

My assessment of how good they are as players. The normal reasons for giving an opinion.

Based on what? :lol:

My assessment of how good they are as players. The normal reasons for giving an opinion.

I've seen nothing from either that remotely suggests they're PL defenders. Yedlin's admittedly brilliant going forward at this level.

I'm fine with Yedlin but we're going to have to make a decision pretty early in the summer about whether we renew Anita's contract or hope a better right back becomes available.

I'd renew it anyway, to be honest. He's worth another year and a squad member that we'll probably need at some point in the season.