Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest bimpy474

Anita, i hate that name, when i was a young kid i had a teacher named Anita in chemistry. If i wasn't so clueless i would have blown her up in class.

Love that name myself it reminds of Anita Harris in Carry on Doctor......hmmmmm...........or..........grrrrrrrrr as Sid James would have put it.

Guest pont-toon

:Dhttp://www.ajaxinside.nl/items/lees/9349/Newcastle-United-verhoogt-bod-op-Anita

who is martin ryder ?

Anita raises bid for Newcastle United

Written by Martin Rider - Published: July 31, 2012 11:47 p.m. - Source: Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United is absolutely convinced that Ajax can convince Vurnon Anita to take over. Today, the English club an increased bid for the controlling midfielder. The seven million pounds, a small nine million euros, the Amsterdam club would have to persuade Anita to get rid of. Frank de Boer wants the midfielder under no circumstances let go.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew Anita sees the only possible successor to Cheick Tiote. The former player of FC St James' Park would like to continue playing, but the club wants to sell him to the English top. Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal would be willing to pay big money for Tiote.

According to Evening Chronicle is next Newcastle United Sunderland also interested in Anita. It would also be her arrows at Newcastle Gregory van der Wiel have coined.

BREAKING: Newcastle United is filled for Vurnon Anita, now about 9 million offered, so the second bid. # AJAX

I wonder if this is true.

(It is googled translated)

https://twitter.com/AjaxFanzoneNL

Seems to stem from this: http://www.ajaxinside.nl/items/lees/9349/Newcastle-United-verhoogt-bod-op-Anita

:thup:

"Newcastle United is absolutely convinced that Ajax can convince Vurnon Anita to take over. Today, the English club an increased bid for the controlling midfielder. The seven million pounds, a small nine million euros, the Amsterdam club would have to persuade Anita to get rid of. Frank de Boer wants the midfielder under no circumstances let go."

:anguish:

"Newcastle manager Alan Pardew Anita sees the only possible successor to Cheick Tiote. The former player of FC St James' Park would like to continue playing, but the club wants to sell him to the English top. Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal would be willing to pay big money for Tiote."

Maybe biased from the Ajax fans, but they rate him as a better player than Van Bommel and De Jong and thought that he deserved to go to the euros before them.

He probably is tbh as De Jong is a very limited player and overrated in my eyes and Van Bommel is past it. He probably would have controlled the tempo of games and helped keep the ball a lot better while constructing attacks from deep better than they can.

None the less, he probably is worth that amount potential wise. But what players are actually worth and what we would pay for them is something totally different.

If we do pay that for him then fair enough, but i have my doubts.

A DM wasn't top of my shopping list I must say, certainly not before a CB and forward.

Upside is he is a dm that can cover the full back positions too. Ideal and means we have some cover for tiote being away at the African cup or more prepared if we do eventually get a bid big enough that we sell him.

Not sure what the plan is with bigi and abeid who have both been pegged as dm's in the past, can see abeid more as the deep lying playmaker sir bobby always saw hugo as. if we get vurnon we will be sorted in that area.

So if that article is to be believed, we`re prepared to get Anita for 7million but wont pay out 6.2 million for Debuchy? Yeah i know this guy has the potential to be later sold on and he`s young but surely Debuchy is the top target?

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/12685308/__Ajax_paait_Anita__.html

Says we're preparing a new €9.5m bid, and quotes from Overmars saying,

"But Ajax don't want to sell Vurnon, that's why we've made him an offer up to 2015 or 1016. The coaching staff are very clear, Vurnon is very important to the team and don't want to let go. With his new contract he'd be at the highest level of pay at Ajax."