Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

At the time it looked to me as it was some sort of "panic" signing in retaliation to our poor summer in the transfer market.

Still seems so, if I'm being honest.

(Although, it has to be said, I don't think it's a coincidence that many of our players are looking rubbish/way off form. I think the management and coaching staff need to take a look at themselves here.)

Guest firetotheworks

No offence HTT, but I think a lot of your mindset is really what we need to get away from.

You might be right, you might be wrong, but of what use is it for you to potificate about being right at this stage? Don't get me wrong, he hasn't looked all that this season, but it's been 12 games and almost  everyone has looked shit. Yet you defend Simpson, you contradict yourself imo. I don't think it's deliberate, I just don't understand your reasoning or motives a lot of the time.

Guest Geordiesned

Useless again tonight. He constantly loses possession being easily pushed off the ball and struggles with what should be easy passes. I still hold out hope he'll come good as Coloccini and Perch did but he's shown nothing at all yet to suggest he's anything but a waste of money.

I think he looks fine, like. His job, for anyone who watched him at Ajax, was to be an outlet.

As the anchor of the team, he just kept them playing high up the pitch, recycling possession for the other players with more nous to create. The problem is, we don't need him (at the moment) as no one can keep hold of the ball for longer than 10 seconds anyway. He is completely superfluous in a long ball side.

I think he looks fine, like. His job, for anyone who watched him at Ajax, was to be an outlet.

As the anchor of the team, he just kept them playing high up the pitch, recycling possession for the other players with more nous to create. The problem is, we don't need him (at the moment) as no one can keep hold of the ball for longer than 10 seconds anyway. He is completely superfluous in a long ball side.

Carr needs to stop recommending players that Pardew can't utilise then.

Carr needs to stop recommending players that Pardew can't utilise then.

So anyone who's actually a good footballer then.

Guest palnese

I'd have thought given our recent history with signings our fans would know better than to write someone off after a handful of games in their first season. Berks.

Agreed.....it's the way of the FM/FIFA generation sadly.

wat. A handful of games? We've been shocking all season. We've got every right to be worried. FM/FIFA generation? Have a word.

Completely disagree with those singling him out for criticism last night. I'd argue last night he was one of our better players (in an admittedly poor performance).

His job is to move the ball around and get it to the players who are supposed to be able to do something with it. Last night he passed the ball more than any of our other players (21 times more than Bigirimana, 32 times more than Sa. Ameobi) so in that sense he did his job.

Don't think he's set the world on fire yet but he is certainly not a nothing player.

Completely disagree with those singling him out for criticism last night. I'd argue last night he was one of our better players (in an admittedly poor performance).

His job is to move the ball around and get it to the players who are supposed to be able to do something with it. Last night he passed the ball more than any of our other players (21 times more than Bigirimana, 32 times more than Sa. Ameobi) so in that sense he did his job.

Don't think he's set the world on fire yet but he is certainly not a nothing player.

Same, don't get why people are criticising him so much.

I think he has had a lot of unfair criticism from fans. But he was utter shite last night. His passing, positioning and set pieces were all atrocious. Plus, he got knocked off the ball with ease everytime he had it.

The formation makes him look bad, but he was well below par last night regardless. I think he's a good player. But he's settling into a new league and team and we play abject football.