Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

cabaye was lost in the man city game for vast chunks of it like, me and the lad i was watching with kept looking for cabaye when sissoko or anita had the ball from the defence and he was nowhere near them most of the time...either he, or pardew got his role very wrong in that game, though this is the wrong thread of course

Guest BenArfa10

He's really a very important player for us.

My god yes he is. I love him he recycles possession so well and so fast. I don't think we'd ever had a player like that. He is deceptively strong, is good in their air for his modest 5ft 5 frame. He's quick across the ground and has some great footwork on him. Can get overran sometimes when he comes up against the Yaya Toure's of the world but yes is vitally important to us and should be given and improved contract.

Guest BenArfa10

We hardly won a single second ball when he went off. Was a poor sub taking him off again.

True but this is Pardew. I think as we already have a DM (and a more established one at that) then he is slightly dispensable to AP. It was a positive move bringing an attacker on (even if it was Shola) and Anita is just the easiest option which brings the smallest amount of disruption to our set-up.

Anita off Shola on is a shocking sub and tells you all about what Pardew had planned. 

The thing is we could have played better defensively with Anita still on the pitch. Pardew is an will always be clueless, shame all the yes men around him let him do it.

Anita off Shola on is a shocking sub and tells you all about what Pardew had planned.

'Shola on' is a shocking substitution regardless of opposition, scoreline or player he's replacing.  The fact he's our automatic Plan B to either get back into a game or hold things tight is embarrassing.

He simply shouldn't be playing top-flight football.

This lad has done great to keep his focus when shit for brains hauls him off for the likes of Shola. He without doubt keeps the play moving. 

If I had my way the side would be

Krul

Debuchy    Willo  Colo    Santon

Anita        Sissoko\Tiote

Cabaye   

Ben Arfa                  Gouffran

Remy 

Its like swapping a queen for a pawn

'Shola on' is a shocking substitution regardless of opposition, scoreline or player he's replacing.  The fact he's our automatic Plan B to either get back into a game or hold things tight is embarrassing.

He simply shouldn't be playing top-flight football.

Anita being subbed for Shola is beyond a joke and reinforces what a crap manager Pardew is.

Anita has been a mainstay of the side this season and largely responsible for better results AND performances because he is that rare midfielder that every decent side needs....intelligent, skilful, perceptive and full of movement. His presence has released Tiote and Cabaye to do what they are good at and he keeps us moving forward. To a manager like Pardew, whose natural tendency is to shut up shop when a goal ahead, Anita is expendable because he is the type of player who doesn't create aggro when he is pi--ed about so Pardew can bring in his little pet static CF so the team can start punting long balls up to him(which he usually loses of course).

Anita would be in my team every time unless he lost form drastically or was injured...if he was sold, our performances would drop off immediately, certainly in the watchability of the football..

Still don't think Anita will get an extended run in the side over Tiote and Sissoko.

He should be in the side WITH Tiote and Cabaye and we need a better wide player than Sissoko...he loses the ball too much and if we had a decent winger, that would complete our m/f.

Sissoko's the new Jonas to Pardew. He's never been as consistently bad as Jonas was last season but he's had rough spells and never been close to getting dropped.

Of all the midfielders we know Pardew won't drop Tiote/Cabaye but Sissoko's right next to them. The rest could lose their positions with a slight drop in form.

Sissoko's the new Jonas to Pardew. He's never been as consistently bad as Jonas was last season but he's had rough spells and never been close to getting dropped.

Of all the midfielders we know Pardew won't drop Tiote/Cabaye but Sissoko's right next to them. The rest could lose their positions with a slight drop in form.

Weird time to say this when the un-droppable Jonas has just joined Norwich on loan and is upset about the way he has been shifted out. Plus Sissoko probably has more assists this season already than Jonas ever managed.

Weird time to say this when the un-droppable Jonas has just joined Norwich on loan and is upset about the way he has been shifted out. Plus Sissoko probably has more assists this season already than Jonas ever managed.

This. Pretty sure Sissoko has more assists than anyone else in our team this season. Just needs to score more. He's been presented with some great chances in the last few games and hasn't taken them.

I forgot Jonas is a dirty word around these parts.

All I'm saying is despite any performance levels Sissoko will start games. I don't think he's been on the bench for a single league match since he joined. And he's had a couple poor spells in that year. He's effectively replaced Jonas in the untouchable group with Cabaye, Tiote, Colo and Krul. Under Pardew these have and will always start.

Think it will take a long time for Anita to reach that level in Pardew's eyes.

People slag off Pardew for taking off Anita alot on here. But West Ham intended to go route one from very early in the second half. Getting another big CF on the pitch would mean even more of that lumping it forwards. They took the game into the air and Pardew responded by getting some more aerial ability for set pieces aswell as an way out. I'm not for putting Shola on by all means, but tactically I can agree with the decision. Even more so if we actually had a decent alternative to do so.

If they intended to take the game into the air, why let them take the initiative and respond to how they wanted to play. Nullify it, keep the ball on the floor and don't let them do what suits them.

:thup:

Sums up Pardew and his ilk of manager perfectly. Far too negative and over concerned trying to overcome the oppostion tactics by actually doing the opposite of what they should be doing.

They're like a boxer who allows himself to be pulled into a slugfest and goes toe to toe with a lesser talented boxer.

Rather than keeping to their own plan and nullify the oppositon that way.

Its his limitations as a manager perfectly exposed.

If they intended to take the game into the air, why let them take the initiative and respond to how they wanted to play. Nullify it, keep the ball on the floor and don't let them do what suits them.

pro-pardew side of the forum:

http://troll.me/images/conspiracy-keanu/mind-blown.jpg