Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Got a lot of grief from people around me in the Gallowgate today. He's no Cabaye replacement though.

He won't be good enough for us in a 442 for me, needs to be a 3 man midfield to see the best of him.

I thought he did very well considering he was doing his normal duty in possession as well as trying to link the play from midfield.

He's one of those that your average fan will dismiss as "too small" or "doesn't do owt", but does a lot of good things for us.

I thought he did very well considering he was doing his normal duty in possession as well as trying to link the play from midfield.

He's one of those that your average fan will dismiss as "too small" or "doesn't do owt", but does a lot of good things for us.

Spot on.

Guest bimpy474

Don't know like... was definitely one of the worst players on the pitch in that first half.

He was but our tactics had him sitting deep and Tiote getting to the edge of their box. Baffling as in the last twenty minutes it was the other way round and Anita was excellent then.

We need 3 in the middle, Tiote to just sit there, Sissoko breaking forward and Vurnon piecing it all together, in the role that actually suits him and Pardew still fails to see after two seasons.

I was moaning about Anita in the first half.  Game seemed to be passing him by and I honestly think it's height that's a problem when playing in that CDM role, the ball just whistles over his head and he doesn't win enough 50/50's purely as the other guy is nearly always bigger and stronger than him.

The last 20 mins or so though, he was fantastic, all over the place, pinging the ball about (that little scooped pass), setting off on mazy runs etc.  If he would play like that every game I'd stick him in an advanced role behind a front 2 all the time lol!

He was chasing the ball most of the game and had a few easy, misplaced passes in the first half. No Cabaye for sure, I'm not sure he's got a long term player for us. He simply doesn't have the build required for the PL and that severely restricts where and how we can best use him. He needs to up his game to be anything more than a fringe player.