Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/vurnon-anita-promised-bigger-role-at-nufc-1-5693828'd

To be handed a bigger role next season apparently. I'd hope so, seems like he was bought for the hell of it last year and we had no idea where we wanted him to play.

Despite being a bit too lightweight the way he quickly moves the ball around is fantastic. Prone to some silly passes this year but only at a time when the rest of the team was also uber turd. A weird one, he should replace Tiote but i don't see him starting ahead of Sissoko or Cabaye.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/vurnon-anita-promised-bigger-role-at-nufc-1-5693828'd

To be handed a bigger role next season apparently. I'd hope so, seems like he was bought for the hell of it last year and we had no idea where we wanted him to play.

Despite being a bit too lightweight the way he quickly moves the ball around is fantastic. Prone to some silly passes this year but only at a time when the rest of the team was also uber turd. A weird one, he should replace Tiote but i don't see him starting ahead of Sissoko or Cabaye.

Pardew is sacked, then.

I hope that's not just PR on Pardew's part, and that this has been a season of acclimatising for Anita. At the moment, I feel we have four players - Tiote, Anita, Bigi and Perch - who should all be competing for one place, so at least one is surplus to requirements. Anita has to show that he's got something additional to offer, because defensively he's struggled and he hasn't shown enough in attack.

I hope that's not just PR on Pardew's part, and that this has been a season of acclimatising for Anita. At the moment, I feel we have four players - Tiote, Anita, Bigi and Perch - who should all be competing for one place, so at least one is surplus to requirements. Anita has to show that he's got something additional to offer, because defensively he's struggled and he hasn't shown enough in attack.

He hasnt been given the chance to adapt to any position, with a full strength team out there. I firmly believe that with the likes of HBA, Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran around him, he would be immense in that deep role for us. His passing is quality.

He hasnt been given the chance to adapt to any position, with a full strength team out there. I firmly believe that with the likes of HBA, Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran around him, he would be immense in that deep role for us. His passing is quality.

Really think bigi should be competing for a place higher up the pitch, more slick with the ball then defensive abilities.

May be giving him too much credit but Pardew did ease in Santon slowly while he got used to the league, maybe its the same with Anita and Bigi. Bigi is much younger so there is more leeway with him but Anita is our most expensive center mid (not counting Jonas in that position) so its safe to assume he is going to be a key player in the future.

I loved him at Stoke away. He absolutely chased down everything and looked very comfortable on the ball. That was one of our better performances for a while at that point and i thought he was a key reason for that.

I'd be mortified if we sold Anita before Tiote or YoCabs, I really thin he's got a lot to offer. It was so refreshing on Sunday seeing somebody running around looking for the ball and looking to move it forwards with actual purpose, rather than a shit hoof to Shola Cisse.

“I think it’s been a year where Vurnon’s had to adapt in a team that’s not done well and wasn’t playing its best football."

We might have played better football if...

Fuck it.

“I think it’s been a year where Vurnon’s had to adapt in a team that’s not done well and wasn’t playing its best football."

We might have played better football if...

f*** it.

:lol: I know that pardspheel man. Come close to posting several times in the past couple of days, only to just think "fuck it" to myself. There's just so much bullshit, so much that is wrong with every word that knacker says it's enough to drive you mental.

If I could be arsed I could probably cut out an excuse in every interview he's done for us so far. "Injuries, europa League, tired, need more tackles on the pitch, injuries, tired, not enough punch, europa league, injuries, the fans, the press, injuries............."

For a CM, he has do offer more than just moving the ball around quickly though. For his position it's what he's doing without it that is so essntial. And what he's offering to win it back.

For a CM, he has do offer more than just moving the ball around quickly though. For his position it's what he's doing without it that is so essntial. And what he's offering to win it back.

Wouldn't that depend on the midfield in general as well though? Does everyone have to be a ball-winner? I agree what he does off the ball is very important as well mind.

Wouldn't that depend on the midfield in general as well though? Does everyone have to be a ball-winner? I agree what he does off the ball is very important as well mind.

I guess though, if Anita is the deepest lying player he's GOT to be good at this. Or good at intercepting. Or his positioning is such that he forces the opposition to make decisions they don't really want to. Tbh, i haven't much/any of that from him so far.

He's very good at quickly closing down players but he does lack a good tackle, what he generally does is force them to make a sideways or backward pass by cleverly cutting down the angles. In comparison to Tiote he lacks the vision and timing to make the tackles and turn their possession into ours. his main failing for me tbh, his passing is light years ahead of tiotes...

He's very good at quickly closing down players but he does lack a good tackle, what he generally does is force them to make a sideways or backward pass by cleverly cutting down the angles. In comparison to Tiote he lacks the vision and timing to make the tackles and turn their possession into ours. his main failing for me tbh, his passing is light years ahead of tiotes...

Well, tbh, i haven't seen much of that (the closing down) but that maybe more me than him.

I think we are a bit pre-conditioned by the fact that our other two midfielders (tiote/Cabs) dive in a lot and aren't "afraid" to put their foot in. Anita doesn't do that, he does the bent knee, body low, bouncing back and forth shuffle to try and push the player backwards, timing issue I think or just doesn't know how to tackle?

Well, tbh, i haven't seen much of that (the closing down) but that maybe more me than him.

Anita Sissoko

Cabaye

Just once.

Not a bad idea at all. When he's been paired with Tiote or Bigi or Perch, it's looked like he's struggled to find a role. In your formation, he'd have one.

I guess though, if Anita is the deepest lying player he's GOT to be good at this. Or good at intercepting. Or his positioning is such that he forces the opposition to make decisions they don't really want to. Tbh, i haven't much/any of that from him so far.

I agree. An approach like Carrick uses would suit him, and he has much more pace.