Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Pardew defended Anita before today's game.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/pardew-says-vurnon-anita-still-needs-time/

Alan Pardew;

“Sometimes it just falls into place and you have to be patient with foreign internationals. Even Vurnon Anita, who I have spoken to about the differences between Ajax and here.

“He feels he lacks control of the game at times. Of course, you have more time at Ajax. He has to adjust to this and be better when the opposition have the ball. Those little things take time.”

Of course he lacks control of the game, because the ball goes flying over his head all the time.

:lol: the thought of pardew even daring to tell someone who's trained at Ajax about football. I posted it in another thread but here's a good guide to Ajax's coaching principles:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

Just imagine Pardew telling Vurn to forget everything he ever learned whilst developing at Ajax :lol:

"This is proppa fret, san"

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/route-one-football-2.png

As if we would have 3 players in opposition half, that's attacking football

Now behind Abeid and Ryan Taylor it seems - can expect him to be moving on soon i guess.

aye he's done, abeid has just seen the end of him imo

Done & Dusted. Mentally too, you would think. It would be merciful to move him along in January.

Now behind Abeid and Ryan Taylor it seems - can expect him to be moving on soon i guess.

aye he's done, abeid has just seen the end of him imo

Done & Dusted. Mentally too, you would think. It would be merciful to move him along in January.

yeah best for all concerned, trouble is i doubt we'll get more than buttons for vurn after the hatchet job pardew has done on the lad, might have to go on loan for a season before someone is will to pay for him

Abeid has had a great couple of games but that's all its been - two games. I wouldn't go writing off Vurn's career here completely just yet. I mean look at Bigi, came in to the team and looked like he'd be a part of the first-team going forward and now look at him.

Abeid has had a great couple of games but that's all its been - two games. I wouldn't go writing off Vurn's career here completely just yet. I mean look at Bigi, came in to the team and looked like he'd be a part of the first-team going forward and now look at him.

Agree.

It would be nice to look at him but he's been frozen out, similar to how Abeid was. Let's not forget, Abeid only made it back into the first team by default as he was sent out as part of a deliberately weakened side designed to lose the cup tie.

i think the key issue with abeid is that he's come in against 2 good teams and shown he can handle the physical side and hasn't been left wanting in any area

pardew's wet dream

colback - english and runs around

sissoko - huge, runs around and can switch phases of play very well

tiote - musclebound fool who runs around a lot

abeid - looks to have bulked up to have the appropriate physique and can run, tackle & pass

vurn - tiny little fella who can't compete physically but is great at pass and move football

howay man, whether it's january or the summer he's surely done with this manager

i think the key issue with abeid is that he's come in against 2 good teams and shown he can handle the physical side and hasn't been left wanting in any area

pardew's wet dream

abeid - looks to have bulked up to have the appropriate physique and can run, tackle & pass

vurn - tiny little fella who can't compete physically but is great at pass and move football

howay man, whether it's january or the summer he's surely done with this manager

Also - he just hasn't played well his season.

pardew's wet dream

Also - he just hasn't played well his season.

well i didn't say he had for a start, and lest we forget we went 7 games without a win during the period he was getting chances

now there's more attacking players on the pitch and people he can pass and move with he's nowhere near the team