Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

His best football for us was in a midfield 3 with Cabaye and Tiote. Cabaye could play the killer attacking ball, Tiote the physical enforcer and Anita just distributes the ball and keeps possession ticking over. We won a lot of games in the first half of last season like this. However, as part of a midfield 2 as you said he looks absolute garbage. 

He could afford to be a passenger with Cabaye and Tiote. Both him and Colback were absolutely woeful today.

Guest neesy111

People that don't rate Anita or don't know what he does do not have a clue about football

Disagree, I'm a fan of his but he's been shite after first few games.

People that don't rate Anita or don't know what he does do not have a clue about football

Disagree, I'm a fan of his but he's been shite after first few games.

He's neat and tidy but is too little and easily outmuscled. He's not been playing well.

Honestly he's just about as unremarkable as Colback is.

:lol: what a load of misinformed nonsense that is.

Neither one is really better than the other. They're both have a couple of marginally above average qualities.

He's making it very easy for Pardew to make Colback his preferred option unfortunately.

He'd pick Colback regardless of what anyone else was doing like, we all know that.

That's sort of my point. Anita has done nothing this season to give Pardew even a decision to make. Colback has been poor, Anita's shown nothing to change Pardew's mind on the two.

He's making it very easy for Pardew to make Colback his preferred option unfortunately.

He'd pick Colback regardless of what anyone else was doing like, we all know that.

That's sort of my point. Anita has done nothing this season to give Pardew even a decision to make. Colback has been poor, Anita's shown nothing to change Pardew's mind on the two.

What motivation does he have to do well? He knows that he can play a blinder and Colback can continue to be Colback and he's still gonna be the one who loses out.

:lol: I've heard he keeps us ticking. We were flying in the first half.

May come as a shock to you BUT players can have bad games

They can have good games too.

What motivation does he have to do well? He knows that he can play a blinder and Colback can continue to be Colback and he's still gonna be the one who loses out.

Face it, the lad is incapable of playing a blinder.

The thing about Anita is that people assume he has another gear that he's not showing because of Pardew.

I'm sure he'd be slightly better under a vaguely competent manager just like every other player, but I think we've seen enough now to decide that what we see is probably what he is: a thoroughly average Premiership midfielder.