Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

With Cheick Tiote away to the African cup of Nations and Mehdi Abeid injured (or going to the ACN) I assume Anita will be starting more games in the next month or so. Let's hope he does the business.

Play like we did for most parts in 1st half against Burnley and he'll excel imo. Twice the footballer compared to Tioté. I've always rated Anita, just been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes he has looked bad lately but no wonder his confidence and match fitness is f***ed up. Tioté slowed our play down so many times even in the first half.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Nice to see that Big Vurn is still alive, even though he got typically shafted by Pardiola by not playing in ages then going away to Man U on boxing day doing loads of running. Ingloriously dropped the next game of course.

As said he's a player who has to play in a midfield three.

Like all our players scouted by Carr he's probably played 4-3-3 since the age of 9 and then gets Pardewed into a 6-3-1 with most players out of position. No wonder some don't cope. Players like Moussa, Cabaye, Debuchy showed tremendous grit and determination to play decently despite Pardew's tactics and team selections.

Vurn has so much more technical ability than Tiote and Colback, it's just does he have the character to fight for his place under a new boss and show that he can step up?

I hope he can, and we play a 4-3-3 under our new yes man.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

With Cheick Tiote away to the African cup of Nations and Mehdi Abeid injured (or going to the ACN) I assume Anita will be starting more games in the next month or so. Let's hope he does the business.

Play like we did for most parts in 1st half against Burnley and he'll excel imo. Twice the footballer compared to Tioté. I've always rated Anita, just been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes he has looked bad lately but no wonder his confidence and match fitness is f***ed up. Tioté slowed our play down so many times even in the first half.

There's no way Anita's ever had a game as bad as Tiote did against Burnley. Anyone who says he has is a liar. And that's despite not playing anywhere near the amount of games as Tiote. Just shows how good Anita could be with a solid run of games in a 4-3-3.

Guest Recoba

Tiote was totally shire today but for better or worse (worse every time) he did not hide. Anita is a better footballer than Tiote but he is a coward.

Astonishingly s**** today.

I know there has been some pretty awful individual performances over the last few years but Anitas effort today was up there with the very worst. He didn't even resemble a footballer, just waddled around with his big fat arse sticking out. When he did touch it he generally gave it away.

Absolutely up there, agreed. Ball literally bounced away from him every time he tried to control it, constantly beaten to the ball, useless of course in physical battles and couldn't pick a teammate out to save his life.

You've just summed up his Newcastle career right there.

He is finished here, but I'm surprised we can't make a few million from a Dutch or German club for him. Would be wise to sell ASAP.

We can't afford to. We're potentially losing Sissoko and Tiote needs to go before Anita. It doesn't leave us with much.

Despite not playing much at all lately, and not had a manager with any belief in him he did quite well today. Would love to see him play many games under a good manager looking to play good positive football, one that rates his strongest attributes. Personally i've always rated him very highly and if he's made to feel like a vital first team member i'm sure he'll show how good he can be.

Just my opinion but i honestly cannot understand how some people don't want him to start. In the correct setup he'll flourish. (especially with Abeid injured)

Overall he had a decent game but today showed why i don't think he'll ever be a success in the PL. The two goals today came from long balls where really the DM should challenge with the ST for the aerial dual.

What a crock of shit.