Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

OK, I'm guessing this might go down like a shit sandwich, but does anybody actually watch the Dutch league on a regular basis?

I've only caught a few games this season and it was absolutely gash.

Like, really terrible.

Obviously this is a "what would I know" moment, but it was truly shocking.

Perhaps I have a bad impression of it, would be interested to hear any other views on it.

OK, I'm guessing this might go down like a s*** sandwich, but does anybody actually watch the Dutch league on a regular basis?

I've only caught a few games this season and it was absolutely gash.

Like, really terrible.

Obviously this is a "what would I know" moment, but it was truly shocking.

Perhaps I have a bad impression of it, would be interested to hear any other views on it.

Aye defensively it aint up to much, its definitely a decent standard to hone your skills as far as technique goes before moving to bigger and better things.... i would'nt worry about the standard of the league when it comes to us signing players though and that goes for anyone.

We clearly do our homework for years before we sign anyone, iam confident that anyone we sign will be decent players even if i never seen them before.

Do not question the almighty Carr

Lad looks decent on tube like, impressive header of the ball & strong shot on both feet. Would be fun to have 3 top strikers upfront, im still excited about just Marveaux let alone this going down.

Hate when people say things like "Afonso Alves" for an example of the dutch league.

For every flop there's been a Robben, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Ronaldo, Romario, van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, van Persie etc etc.

For more on the De Jong development see Tuesday's Evening Chronicle.

With baited breath. I wait.

It will be an article about shola ameobis grandmas favourite Newcastle 11. With a sentence at the bottom saying sources confirm we have made a bid.

Hate when people say things like "Afonso Alves" for an example of the dutch league.

For every flop there's been a Robben, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Ronaldo, Romario, van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, van Persie etc etc.

Afonso Alves was pretty shit mind

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Only 8mil? For 52 goals in all competitions past 2 years? At 21 years old?

:notbad:

Premier league goals=(Eredivisie goals X 0.4 X β)

You've just caused some people's heads to explode.  :lol:

On SSN this morning that Twente are looking 15m for him!

So thats around 12 million quid. No way we will give them that much. Wouldnt see us going over ten for him.

It's £15m sorry, although they said there could be some negociation. It was in the transfers bit just before paper review.

On SSN this morning that Twente are looking 15m for him!

So thats around 12 million quid. No way we will give them that much. Wouldnt see us going over ten for him.

It's £15m sorry, although they said there could be some negociation. It was in the transfers bit just before paper review.

It will only go through if De Jong starts to kick off about a move, otherwise i cant see it happening.