Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest WashyGeordie

He must be wondering why the hell he came here. I have no idea how good he is but the way we are playing isn't going to give him any chance to shine.

There is collective blame for what is happening on the pitch, no one player should be singled out, not Saylor, not Sammy, collectively, last night, there wasn't a team.

He'll probably be glad just to be playing... And in the Premierleague!

He was a nobody at M'Gladbach tbf. Hardly used, sub etc. He just doesn't look fit atm though but I'd still give him more than 2 games, and he's defo not 'shite'...

He looks intelligent as fuck with his movement tbh. He's going to look very good playing up front in the middle if he has Remy next to him. Remy's pace and general action around the box will open up lanes for De Jong.

Looks like a good target man. He wins a lot of headers and he has a decent touch when laying the ball off. Not much pace and unlikely to go past an opponent though. I think he has to play in that advanced central position, not dropping deep or wide.

I still think our best front three could be Gouffran-Remy-Sammy. If any of those are injured, you could put De Jong down the middle and shuffle the two remaining players wide.

Am determined to give this lad a chance. So I'm going to give a balanced view:

Created a good chance for Cisse and got into some good positions BUT he needs to toughen up got shoved off the ball far too easily.

Created a good chance for Cisse and got into some good positions BUT he needs to toughen up got shoved off the ball far too easily.

You make it sound like a struggle :lol:

You make it sound like a struggle :lol:

I remember when Bergkamp signed for Arsenal after a woeful time at Inter Milan.  First Season he didn't really settle but then Wenger came and the rest is history.  What this lad needs is time and ideally a new manager.

Ben Arfa  De Jong    Remy.

Front three, not that Pardle will do it mind.

This!! And it's so fucking obvious that it has to be this front three! But as you say, Pardew will probably not do it. Makes you wanna kill him! Literally!

Guest bimpy474

Ben Arfa  De Jong    Remy.

Front three, not that Pardle will do it mind.

This!! And it's so fucking obvious that it has to be this front three! But as you say, Pardew will probably not do it. Makes you wanna kill him! Literally!

He keeps changing so often he might surprise us and actually go with this, but i think it will Gouff instead of HBA if he does.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

I'm guessing Hull play 4-4-2 since they have Jelavic & Long? Might help us.

Well a 2 striker system anyway, they like to play 3 at the back too i have noticed.

Bruce changes it quite often depending on the opposition. Like Bruce me.

I'm guessing Hull play 4-4-2 since they have Jelavic & Long? Might help us.

Well a 2 striker system anyway, they like to play 3 at the back too i have noticed.

Bruce changes it quite often depending on the opposition. Like Bruce me.

So do I

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/01/article-1325586-0BDA35E1000005DC-349_468x278.jpg

http://recom.org/remagv2/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ReMag-Article-9-Ryan-Taylor.jpg