Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Maybe he'll do a Ben Arfa and not turn up to training to force a deal?

or hand in a transfer request?

Either way, he must be good if we were willing to bid 11m.

I'm sure we have other targets anyways.

Guest taps01

So is the original source of this news from www,voetbal.tctubantia.nl? Because looking at the website it looks about as reliable as triblefootball.

I think there twitter account has something like 150 followers as well.

Assuming this is all true and we arent going to bid any more, i hope we can at least focus on getting a new CB and a RB/LB which i think are a bigger priority at this moment in time, before looking at a different striker

Assuming this is all true and we arent going to bid any more, i hope we can at least focus on getting a new CB and a RB/LB which i think are a bigger priority at this moment in time, before looking at a different striker

We definitely need a striker now too.

as soon as Best goes we will have 3 first team strikers, 2 of whom could be gone for a month in Jan and the other one is Shola.

Never seen this bloke play so can't say I'm overly fussed - our primary targets last year were Gervinho and Gameiro and that worked out OK.

Positive news is it appears we're willing to spend a decent wedge on a new striker so i'm sure there are other irons in the fire.

Not too bothered if this falls through. Although I am limited to youtube vids on this guy, he seems to be kind of slow, lacking necessary tempo and not very technical. Looks like Tore Andre Flo mkII.

He is still young, and can improve by working on his weaknesses, but he is not worth £10m as of today - IMO.

Have you told Graeme Carr this yet? If not get a move on.

To be fair, its only Carrs specific paid profession to travel the world watching players all year round. Yes hes been doing it for a very long time & has an incredibly proven track record. Lets find out what the random forum member helsug from sweden thinks first, i mean in his equally creditable opinion he might not be worth that much.

:lol: Christ, I took all possible precautions.

Good point, forgot about potentially loosing cisse and Ba in january, still i hope we dont waste ages on this lad if we arent getting any joy, the same as we have with previous failed transfer targets such as maiga, erding etc

Guest ThievingMagpie

Yes, having one striker on the books during january will be swell!

as soon as Best goes we will have 3 first team strikers, 2 of whom could be gone for a month in Jan and the other one is Shola.

Do we not still have Xisco and possibly Ranger?  How many options do we need?

Never seen this bloke play so can't say I'm overly fussed - our primary targets last year were Gervinho and Gameiro and that worked out OK.

Positive news is it appears we're willing to spend a decent wedge on a new striker so i'm sure there are other irons in the fire.

Other irons!?!

This is disastrous. Any progress we might have hoped to have made has now come to a shuddering halt. I see nothing but bleak black blackness ahead.

Fucking Tukkers. Fuck off. :angry:

So is the original source of this news from www,voetbal.tctubantia.nl? Because looking at the website it looks about as reliable as triblefootball.

I think there twitter account has something like 150 followers as well.

It's their local rag. I'd say it's about as reliable as you can get with regards to FC Twente's transfer dealings.. :(