Douglas

BONTEMPI

If you rate Douglas or not, the worrying thing is that Kinnear can seemingly  come along and just say 'Nar, not that cunt. I'll find someone better' and scupper any deal he wants.

Especially looking at the signings he made last time he was manager. This cunt will set us back 3 years.

Guest Phil K

You couldnt have been less ITK if you tried.

Come on lads, FFS. No spiteful handbag hurling.

The Kinnear insanity has got us all wound up and lashing out at each other.

(as if thats a rarity on here....)  :whistle:

The 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park and Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by Kinnear.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.

Can't wait to see what treats Kinnear has in store instead.

He's been on the phone to Ferguson about that Reno Funland bloke.

Wonder if in Joes world he realises that SAF no longer at Man Utd be annoying getting phone calls off him 7 days a week when your trying to fix up the garden.

I love how people don't believe anything thats positive but believe everything that is negative.

The Sky Sports website is reporting this- their hit rate must be about 5%.

Maybe we have ended our interest in Douglas, but bearing in mind that he has 1m hangers on, will want a huge signing on fee and wages and the local papers have already said he wants guarantees of first team football, it's ridiculously lazy and sensational to suggest Kinnear has come in an just veto'd it.

If he was available on a free transfer and for decent wages I don't see any reason, other than mental illness, that Joe would stop us going for him. Not that I can read anything into those 'reports'.

why go for a sensible option when theres a clogger in league 2 who can make the step up

Guest Roger Kint

From the ITK(yep another one) post in Llambias thread:

Also this deal regarding Douglas is reportedly dead in the water based on Graham Carrs recommendations.

Apparently we will be looking for the best deals not the cheapest, hence why Douglas will not be coming in. He was the cheapest CB on the list but so far down Carr’s recommendations that the deal was called off."

Does back up some reports that he wasnt all that if true.  :undecided:

If we lose Carr, we'll have effectively fucked up our entire progress in France the last few years. Just praying Carr stays man.

this is just an absolute joke man. :lol:

If we lose Carr it's curtains, got to pray that doesn't happen. As long as he stays and Pardew has equal say to JFK, it might be possible to muddle through without everything collapsing.

The main issue is that Kinnear is insane and must be almost impossible to work with.

I think it could be possible that Carr will have a bigger influence now Llambias has gone. I think Kinnear will want to endear himself to Ashley, who has great respect for Carr's scouting ability. So Kinnear will back Carr over Pardew. It would be alot easier to just do what Spurs are doing. Get a scout, manager and director of football each with the same philosophy.

If we lose Carr it's curtains, got to pray that doesn't happen. As long as he stays and Pardew has equal say to JFK, it might be possible to muddle through without everything collapsing.

The main issue is that Kinnear is insane and must be almost impossible to work with.

I'm hoping kinnear sides with Carr and Pardew is kept to coaching or we will have more obertans coming in.

If we lose Carr, we'll have effectively f***ed up our entire progress in France the last few years. Just praying Carr stays man.

:cool:

Why? He operates a small team and our entire scouting efforts worth a damn have been from his (and his small team, if they exist) meticulous work.  He's built the relationships and has an eye for talent - which his position absolutely is relied upon. We've been doing shrewd deals that not many clubs have been able to get done because of the work he's put in man.

If we lose Carr, we'll have effectively f***ed up our entire progress in France the last few years. Just praying Carr stays man.

:serious:

Why? He operates a small team and our entire scouting efforts worth a damn have been from his (and his small team, if they exist) meticulous work.  He's built the relationships and has an eye for talent - which his position absolutely is relied upon. We've been doing shrewd deals that not many clubs have been able to get done because of the work he's put in man.

Does he not mean this whole situation is a joke as opposed to your post?