Douglas

BONTEMPI

I see these differing views and can agree from both sides at times. Thing is though, it wasn't just bad form. It was just about everything. The style, the formation, the set pieces, him and his gob. The utter nonsense he spouted once we were safe, thinking were stupid with some of his bullshit stats.

He doesn't deserve another go, 5th place or not, last season was as poor a performance from a manager as i can remember. From games he decided to give up on, Man City away, Brighton in the cup, the first 70 mins against Benfica. To continue to hoof every ball into the box whenever we get a free kick. The continued selection of Jonas. The list really does go on. He deserves nothing and should have been sacked multiple times last season.

But as much as i dislike him, he has my support for now in the hope he can gets us playing and performing well, and if this lad Douglas will aid that, then brilliant. As unlikely as that is.

Aye. If this continues into the new season and it's clear that mistakes are not being rectified or learned by, then it's pretty obvious something is majorly wrong with the manager and his staff.

For instance if we're all sitting there first game and it's shite free kicks and corners from the off. It'll just prompt the question if the staff have even done anything on the training ground.

Guest bimpy474

I see these differing views and can agree from both sides at times. Thing is though, it wasn't just bad form. It was just about everything. The style, the formation, the set pieces, him and his gob. The utter nonsense he spouted once we were safe, thinking were stupid with some of his bullshit stats.

He doesn't deserve another go, 5th place or not, last season was as poor a performance from a manager as i can remember. From games he decided to give up on, Man City away, Brighton in the cup, the first 70 mins against Benfica. To continue to hoof every ball into the box whenever we get a free kick. The continued selection of Jonas. The list really does go on. He deserves nothing and should have been sacked multiple times last season.

But as much as i dislike him, he has my support for now in the hope he can gets us playing and performing well, and if this lad Douglas will aid that, then brilliant. As unlikely as that is.

Aye. If this continues into the new season and it's clear that mistakes are not being rectified or learned by, then it's pretty obvious something is majorly wrong with the manager and his staff.

For instance if we're all sitting there first game and it's shite free kicks and corners from the off. It'll just prompt the question if the staff have even done anything on the training ground.

They were pretty open about Pardew, then Carver and finally Steve Stone having a go at getting them better. Plainly obvious none of them is good enough to do anything about it, which is a joke for 3 professional coaches, an absolute joke.

We have ppulled out of deal.. on the say so of JFK he had other defensive targets in mind.....  SSN

Yep seen this.

I repeat my sentiments from yesterday, fuck football.

Guest Roger Kint

If the rumours about a £4 million signing on fee are true then we'd be staying away anyway you'd suspect

Where are these rumours from? First I've heard of it...

Really? Seems strange you havent given you have commented on it :lol:

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/70603/transfer-talk-douglas-world-cup-dream-could-bring-him-to-newcastle

Da Silveira told Sky Tyne and Wear: "At the moment there is nothing official, we were in Europe last week and have some options.

"There is interest in England, Germany, Turkey and Russia so we are going to discuss all the opportunities."

A former agent of Douglas told us that his current representatives are "crazy", and asking clubs for signing-on fees in excess of £4 million.

But Da Silveira says money is not everything.

"His dream is to play in the Dutch national team at the World Cup in Brazil," he said.

"We need to find a very good club. This is the reason we are waiting."

Many of these hanger-ons will be out of the picture by July 1st if rumours are to be believed. I guess that's what everybody is waiting for.

If the rumours about a £4 million signing on fee are true then we'd be staying away anyway you'd suspect

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_homepage_lead_story_widescreen/blog/Joe-Kinnear_4.jpg

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_homepage_lead_story_widescreen/blog/Joe-Kinnear_4.jpg

I literally hate his face. Every time I see a photo of him I just feel depressed.

shit stirring from ssn - they think he's been in place less than 48hrs and has already blocked the free transfer of a long term target that has been thoroughly scouted by Carr?

I literally hate his face. Every time I see a photo of him I just feel depressed.

:kinnear:

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/70603/transfer-talk-douglas-world-cup-dream-could-bring-him-to-newcastle

Da Silveira told Sky Tyne and Wear: "At the moment there is nothing official, we were in Europe last week and have some options.

"There is interest in England, Germany, Turkey and Russia so we are going to discuss all the opportunities."

A former agent of Douglas told us that his current representatives are "crazy", and asking clubs for signing-on fees in excess of £4 million.

"His dream is to play in the Dutch national team at the World Cup in Brazil," he said.

Many of these hanger-ons will be out of the picture by July 1st if rumours are to be believed. I guess that's what everybody is waiting for.

Ah right, so as I said not relevant..

Guest Roger Kint

You picked on his post for basing it on rumour when you are now doing the exact same to dismiss it? :lol: Why is your unproven opinion more relevant than his when you clearly know as little on the subject based on what you posted?

You picked on his post for basing it on rumour when you are now doing the exact same to dismiss it? :lol: Why is your unproven opinion more relevant than his when you clearly know as little on the subject based on what you posted?

What I said in that post is that I have been told by people with connections to FC Twente that his many agents lose their rights to any compensation the day his contract with them runs out. That's what everybody is waiting for, so that makes that 4 million figure his soon to be ditched agents want irrelevant, doesn't it?

Guest Roger Kint

What I said in that post is that I have been told by people with connections to FC Twente that his many agents lose their rights to any compensation the day his contract with them runs out. That's what everybody is waiting for, so that makes that 4 million figure his soon to be ditched agents want irrelevant, doesn't it?

Your own post says 'if the rumours are to be believed ffs' and followed it up with 'I guess' :lol:

You couldnt have been less ITK if you tried.

Your own post says 'if the rumours are to be believed ffs' and followed it up with 'I guess' :lol:

Ok, mate. That 4 million in the paper must be right, because journalists never make stuff up..  :rolleyes:

Guest Roger Kint

Ok, mate. That 4 million in the paper must be right, because journalists never make stuff up..  :rolleyes:

Where have i ever in this discussion of your own post have i attached my opinion to that figure? Oh fuck yeah that would be nowhere at all as i havent :lol:

The only point was you rubbished one rumour in favour of another, its not hard to grasp really if you can read. You even claimed to never have heard of that figure ffs :lol:

The 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park and Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by Kinnear.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.

Can't wait to see what treats Kinnear has in store instead.