Douglas

BONTEMPI

Got to wonder where Douglas will end up though, and how this will reflect on the judgement of the club for passing up on the deal.  Some different opinions have been aired above as to whether it would have been JFK's decision or not given the timing of the revelation.  Either way, I've only seen Fulham suggested as competition for his signature, and now we're hearing he may go to russia.  If he was such a massive loss, rather than what feels like a significant event in the light of the turmoil this week, he'll end up at a decent club, yes?

I'm one of the 99pc (suggested by a previous poster) who hasnt actually seen him play, so i cant fully digest the news that we've missed out until I have more information, and I think the name of his next club could fill in this gap to some extent?

Guest Yanga

Could be more to this than Kinnear just calling it off. Imagine the player wants first-team football - can we give him that? Colo and YB should be two of the first names on the team sheet...

Not bothered now that Colos staying.Two from Colo mym and Taylor with Willo 4th choice is gd enough for me.

Striker and a pacy winger Is what we should be looking for IMO

Why settle for that, though? Why not improve the defence by getting rid of Willo and bringing in someone better? Douglas can't be much worse, doesn't cost much, and might even chip in with a goal now and then. Where's the ambition to improve, I ask ye? Eh? Eh? EEEEEEH?

Not bothered now that Colos staying.Two from Colo mym and Taylor with Willo 4th choice is gd enough for me.

Aye, that defence did fantastically last season like...

Why settle for that, though? Why not improve the defence by getting rid of Willo and bringing in someone better? Douglas can't be much worse, doesn't cost much, and might even chip in with a goal now and then. Where's the ambition to improve, I ask ye? Eh? Eh? EEEEEEH?

Rumours are he will want regular first team football which would be doubtful.

I can't see us making a lot of signings for the first team in the summer after a busy January.I would like us to get another striker and a pacy winger in first

Aye, that defence did fantastically last season like...

Colo was out for a good chunk last season and Yanga only joined in January.I don't blame the defense entirely for It,I think It was more to do with our tactics

Rumours are he will want regular first team football which would be doubtful.

I can't see us making a lot of signings for the first team in the summer after a busy January.I would like us to get another striker and a pacy winger in first

It shouldn't. He's easily better (and less injury prone) than Saylor, and a partnership of Colo and Mbiwa is just too weak, especially in the air. Your bog average build like an ox Premiership striker would have a field day.

Will be interesting to see what we are bringing in CB wise. Do we need another young up and comer or someone experienced like Lescott. Other than the stupid wages I'd pick someone experienced like the latter.

We have Streete, Mbabu, Satka and Tavernier all at the club.. is someone young going to impede their progress? I'd rather they had another experienced hand to learn from.

Aren't we as bad for that in almost every position?

Aye, most of the exceptions were bought at an fairly early age like Krul and N'Zogbia with a few more locals like Carroll and Shola.

If you were to build a Geordie 11 from the last 15 years you'd probably be stuck with Taylor and Caldwell at CB.

Guest antz1uk

Aye, most of the exceptions were bought at an fairly early age like Krul and N'Zogbia with a few more locals like Carroll and Shola.

If you were to build a Geordie 11 from the last 15 years you'd probably be stuck with Taylor and Caldwell at CB.

He's a jock...

He's a jock...

I'm claiming him because we brought him through. Same with a few others like Hughes.