The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Outclassed, but at least they tried to play some decent football. I'll look forward to their next game.

Joking aside, Butland had a very confident look about him. He should have a good future.

I recognised that GB performance. Talented, athletic players (lacking in technical proficiency) who do well for their clubs looking lost in defence, playing statically in attack and having an indescribably rubbish lack of formation and shape. This was every Nigeria performance I have ever witnessed. Pearce is a rubbish manager, frankly, but I expect GB to make the semifinals at the least.

Annoyed we are not in this as we finished 2nd last time. I love football at the Olympics, and this should be one of the best tournaments they've ever had.

Btw even though he never really had that much of a chance Lucas looked f***ing fantastic every time he had the ball.

was thinking that myself, during his time on the pitch he was their best player

Any idea why Cleverley was starting ahead of Ramsey? Or was it just further evidence of Pearce's ineptitude?

Had 3 good games for Man United at the start of the season ergo best future English midfielder.

Any idea why Cleverley was starting ahead of Ramsey? Or was it just further evidence of Pearce's ineptitude?

Had 3 good games for Man United at the start of the season ergo best future English midfielder.

Said it on here before but I've never seen anything from him to justify any of the hype he has had.

I was just sat behind the goal that Brazil were attacking in the first half as well so had a cracking view of some of their moves. Scary how good they could be in time for 2016.

Oscar was impressive as well, wasn't trying to be too fancy, just kept things nice and simple but always made the right decision with his passing. Definitely the kind of player Chelsea have needed in the centre of the park.

I was just sat behind the goal that Brazil were attacking in the first half as well so had a cracking view of some of their moves. Scary how good they could be in time for 2016.

The Olympic win in Rio 2016 will heal the wounds inflicted by Victor Moses and Joel Obi at the World Cup.